You know that overwhelming feeling of gratitude? The kind that fills your eyes with happy tears and a strong urge to just fall to the ground on your knees? It happens once in a while for me like right now, as I sit in this empty apartment, well rested and getting ready to take on a new, beautiful, full day of exciting and endless possibilities. I felt it yesterday as I was sitting on my long-winded plane ride to Pune, looking out the window at the magnificent, giant sky. I feel it when I hear a beautiful song. I feel it when I'm traveling and meeting new people, have incredible conversations with absolute strangers. I feel it when I have a conversation with a close friend who may be very far away but with whom I can be completely honest and accountable to. I feel it when I suddenly realize that I am never alone. That God is around me all. the. time. And not in an annoying, interfering way. Gentle, ever present and ever ready to catch me when I fall. Best friend. Perfect in every way. Wow. I feel it when I remember times like in the picture below. Sightseeing in 40something degrees weather in Lucknow with some of the most incredible friends that I am blessed to have. Risking dehydration and other things that come with being out in such intense heat to see at least one famous thing in the city of Lucknow since we were stopping over there. How lucky am I to have friends who would be willing do that with me? Whose idea of traveling fits and complements perfectly my own?
I am grateful beyond words.
I am grateful beyond words.
| Vini, Antu, Sharan, Tina and Sonu (Jo was taking the picture) in Lucknow, 2010. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!