Monday, 7 November 2011

One step closer.

Actually got out of bed.
I'm back in the city (to my dismay) and finding a way to keep fit that actually makes me feel happy in the city is turning out to be a challenge. I'm making do... barely,,, but it's not enjoyable cycling away to nowhere until you're breathing hard and sweating. It's no fun at all. So I decided I should try to wake up really early and go for a run around the neighbourhood. Good idea but not without its glitches.
Problem # 1: Making myself go to sleep at a decent hour is like making a child eat a plate of broccoli.
Problem # 2: As a result of above mentioned problem, waking up in the morning is no fun either.
Problem # 3: I don't like running. I want to do Jazzercise!!
I am not a morning person. Especially when I'm having a hard time. I am at my worst emotional status in the mornings. Usually the day gets progressively better so that by night time, I'm actually happy. Everything is not OK, I still don't have a lot of answers and I don't know what tomorrow will be like, but I made it through the day and I am confident that I will have grace to make it through the next day and therefore I am happy and I want to keep feeling happy and therefore don't want to go to sleep because sleep is unpredictable. I might dream of things that I don't want to dream of and after the dreaming, I must wake up and I'm back on 'zero'.
You see the dilemma? Anyway, I got good advice from my aunt though. She and I are so alike and she advised me to write before I sleep and so I've been trying that and it does work, I didn't wake up wanting it to be night. I also thought that perhaps getting out of bed and going for a run might help to give me a good start.
So I set my alarm and so far, today is the only day that I actually got out of bed... But I'm clearly not running. Everyone else is asleep. I don't have the house keys. My shoes are on the balcony where the dog is asleep and and if that doesn't get her barking, my surreptitious opening and closing of the front door surely will. And then everyone will be awake and not happy. So I'm not running, I'm blogging about running. Tomorrow, hopefully, I will actually plan this out and get even closer to succeeding at my grand plan to happiness fitness.
For today, it'll have to be cycling to nowhere.

1 comment:

  1. Change is dynamic though we tend to resist it. Try to become a morning person and reset your body clock to allow it to go to sleep earlier than its programmed for then enjoy the freshness that the morning air invariably provides. Run/jog/walk but just get out!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!