Friday, 18 November 2011

Gratitude.

It's been a loooong day and a tiring one. One of the perils of being a photographer is you're often carrying heavy equipment around and it. is. tiring. But what the heck, no price too high when you're doing something you love, right?

I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I've been rubbing shoulders with an amazing film maker all of today. Photographing. Shooting behind the scenes with his Canon EOS T2i and another super cool prime lens - 30mm f/1.4. OH! The magic of it all. Besides being an incredible artist, Ben is also just such a cool guy and a good friend. As we went  about our day shooting, we talked about photography and life in general and man, how did I get here? How did I get to be doing such amazing work? It's like a dream or something. Like Ben said at one point today when I was telling him about a cool thing that happened to me last week, "Wow, that is so cool. It's almost like there's a God out there or something!" Haha.

Of course we know there is and my overwhelming sense of gratitude is for him who has bigger dreams and plans for my life than I can even imagine and I am excited to be on that adventure!

Life is beautiful.

I got some cool shots today but they're all on Ben's camera and will hopefully get them backed up on my hard drive tomorrow but what's a post without a picture, eh? So here's one from my camera that I took near the market the other day.

Technically, I wish I did things differently with this shot but look at those kids? Isn't that a precious moment? Love it! :)
P.s. To see the trailer of the film, go to the website: www.horseandriderfilm.com

2 comments:

  1. Yes there must be a God somewhere smiling down on us when we are up or down - knowing exactly why we are where we are!
    The picture is priceless! It looks as if the two precious ones were on cue!
    Love your writing, your photograph and your sentiments..... hmmm.... love you that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! You're getting better with every picture you post!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!