Tuesday, 15 November 2011

I neeeeeed...

I'm all packed and ready to get on my bus to Ooty. Thankfully, I'm not doing it alone. My super cool boss and one of my closest friends Bec was down in Bangalore for a couple of days and so we're heading up to Ooty together. Let's just say that I am not a fan of this journey so I'm so grateful to have company even though we'll probably (hopefully) sleep through most of it.

My second wedding shoot is on Thursday and I'm a mixture of excited and nervous. I was more of a second-shooter at the last wedding and now I'm going solo and that's a heck of a lot of responsibility! But like my friend Jo told me before the last wedding, "Piu, you capture moments. Just do that. Just concentrate on capturing moments and you'll be fine." Okay, so those were probably not her exact words but that was the gist of it anyway. So that's what I keep telling myself, especially when my mind wanders to all the things that I think I neeeeeeeed to be a better photographer. Prime lenses, a flash, another camera body, post-processing software... I could think of a million things but as for now, I've got me and my passion for photography and I'm gonna make it work!

I'm also super excited about meeting Ben again and assisting him with filming on Friday and Saturday. It's kinda neat how the timing for that worked out. I can do these awesome little assignment and then be back in time for my parents' arrival on Monday! There's gonna be loads of editing to do after I get back from the wedding of course but it's work that I love, so bring it!

Keep checking my photofolio! It's been a fun process looking through backups of all my photos to find stuff to post. So many of the pictures that I thought were brilliant back then seem so... meh... now! I hope that means that I've gotten better! But it's also great to look back and remember all the people who have helped me along the way with lending me their equipment, giving me constructive criticism or simply just having faith in me. I am truly grateful for them and it gives me hope to keep trudging along this path and dreaming BIG!

Okay, random photo for the day!

Long way to go! Kind of represents how I feel when I'm running in the mornings! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!