Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Week 1

Last week was "Week 0" and we got through it! Not that I'm counting down my days here or anything... I love my job! Some of it is still sort of up in the air but hopefully by the end of this week, we'll all have a better idea of we're doing. On the most part, I'm helping out with Junior School and Junior DEL. DEL stands for the Department of Enhanced Learning which is there to support the children with learning (or other) difficulties and those who don't speak much english and right now it's kind of scary because it's hard to tell what level each child I'm working with is at and how I can best help them but it's a learning process and the great thing is that there are so many amazing resources here that we can use and the DEL staff are amazing too so I'm well covered on all sides!
 
We had a drama meeting today and got a little further on the casting which is so hard, especially because I still hardly know those kids and have to strain my brain to try and remember who's who! The script is almost done and on by the end of this week, we'll hopefully get cracking on rehearsals and things.
 
We didn't end up doing the things we had planned to do yesterday cause the weather was so terrible. We just went out for lunch and then went back to Selborne where the others played Ultimate Balderdash for a while and then I went off to Jazzercise! Taryn came along with me which was great! I can feel myself getting acclimatised to the Ooty air slowly - I'm not gasping as much while walking up these hills and Jazzercise was less of a challenge yesterday which is good. Oh, I love Jazzercise! I just love being able to ge away from everything for an hour and think about nothing, nothing at all. So relaxing.
 
Anyway, today I'm on shower duty! Fun fun (not really). Basically because there are major water problems in Ooty, the students have to be timed in their showers. I know it sounds like boot-camp or something, but I for one am actually glad I don't have to take a shower everyday just because it's so cold here all the time! The last couple of days especially have been very gloomy, wet and cold which is beautiful in itself but sometimes I find myself craving for the sun!
 
Tea-time!
 
Later,

1 comment:

Yay, a comment!