Friday, 27 August 2010

Friday already?

The days just zoom by here! I can't believe it's already Friday and we got through our first full week of school which is good because we now have a better idea of what we're doing and where we're meant to be.
 
I don't know where to begin telling you about it all though because there's just... SO... much. To sum it all up...
 
I'm learning...
That it's impossible to please everyone all the time.
Sometimes you have to disappoint people and you have to be okay with them not being happy with you for a while but they'll soon forget it anyway and probably in a couple of years, they'll be laughing about it.
Rules are there for a reason and "the father disciplines the son that he loves."
You have to draw the line somewhere. And then stick to the line!
Kids like consistency (actually, who doesn't like consistency?).
Teaching little kids is so satisfying. Especially when the little boy you're trying to teach numbers, after drawing the number '2' the wrong way around about 4 times, finally gets it right. And then gets the next one right and then the next one right... oh my heart just about takes off in wild joy.
Casting is a very stressful and hard job because somebody will be disappointed. And somebody has to be (in the case of 'Annie') the dog :( It's so heartbreaking because I know what it feels like to be picked last or to be embarrassed and I want to make it okay for everybody but it's just not possible.
I'm not so bad with kids after all!
 
Yeah, that's a couple of things. There are probably more but I won't babble on... I feel challenged and inspired everyday and I've been craving for that so I'm grateful even though it's far from easy and sometimes I feel like a mad hen! It's all good!
 
Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of your attitude and happy for the enjoyment this exposure is generating. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!