I’m the journaling type.
Which means that I have many many old journals lying in storage. What do I do with them? There are only so many that I can keep before the amount of space they take up starts to become overwhelming. Maybe I’ll have a big bonfire. Read them one last time and then throw ‘em in a big fire.
I do sometimes sit and skim through them and it can be a rather amusing and cathartic exercise. In the light of how far I know I still have to go personally, it is good to be able to see that in many ways, I have grown. I have changed and there is hope for the future.
Maybe I should keep them then... When life gets rough and I feel like I’m stuck in a rut, just looking at that pile of journals might help to propel me forward. To know that the past is done with, and the only way to go really, is forward.
Life is difficult. God is merciful. Heaven is sure. – Dr. Robert Jefress
NOOOOOOO - do not even think of destroying them!!! I know all that really matters is this moment ..... but going back into the past is a known healing of the soul process! Lots to laugh about and lots to appreciate in the past that we often tend to forget. :)
ReplyDelete:) I know, I don't I'd be able to actually make myself destroy them!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is really quite a pile. I always worry about people getting their hands on my private journals when I die! HOW EMBARRASSING for me!
ReplyDeleteSAME PROBLEM PIU. I was thinking of burning them all up, too! I mean, I write by hand, so I jst accumulate SO many notebooks and I don't know what to do with them. It IS cathartic to read them sometimes, but I keep thinking I'll need them more when I'm super old or something.
ReplyDeleteAHH this is such a perfect way to begin my trek to work (first day) lots of things to think about! I love you.
May be you can save them in digital medium and retain the latest 5 years in its physical form to leaf through for the feel. Don't ever consider the option of destroying???
ReplyDelete