This evening, after work, I made my way to UB city... That ridiculously expensive mall over on Lavelle Rd. The shops there are beyond the reach of probably 90% of this country's population and the interior has some really stupid decor but their courtyard? It's pretty special. I met Debi and Carl there this evening and it was really lovely. Debi works for Freedom Firm in the UK and she and her husband are also friends of Rod and Diana. Tomorrow they head up to Ooty but since they were passing through Bangalore, Di put us in touch through Facebook and thankfully I got out of work early enough to be able to meet them. I haven't got much of a social life here at the moment so it was nice to make some new friends! The little going out that I have done in Bangalore over the last month or so has been mostly with friends who are all just passing through from far-off lands! :/ I need some more local friends!
Anyway after a leisurely French dinner at Cafe Noir I said goodbye and got an auto with the help of a Policeman (it was actually pretty comical to see how even the police have very little authority over these goons). Anyway the auto guy still took me for a ride. But whatever, it's impossible to live if you dwell on these things... So I came home, freshened up, and lucky for me; they were showing an ol' favourite on TV - Baby's Day OutI! Ohmyword, I love this movie! You know that scene at the end when Baby Bink is looking out the back window of the car, points to the ‘tick tock’ and says "booboo, booboo, booboo!" I love that part! Also the part where the detective calls out to the abductors in his deep voice, “you’re surrounded, throw down the ‘boo boo’ *wink* and put hands behind your heads”. LOVE it!
Friday, 10 February 2012
Boo boo!
Labels:
Friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Tell Mclusksy to turn around, we're going to the tick-tock to get the boo boo"
ReplyDeleteMy family kinda watches the film for this one line. It's my childhood film, isn't it completely adorable? I love how the kid's like "MY BOOK"
during the entirety of the film, and everyone else is like "BABY BINKS MUST BE SAFE OR ELSE"
and the scene where he's hungry so he just crawls into a construction site and picks up random guy's half eaten donut coz it's the most obvious thing in the world to do? Don't even get me started. This is why people have kids!
SHARAN! THATS MY FAVOURITE DIALOGUE FROM THE MOVIE, TOO!
ReplyDeletehahahahaha! I'm so glad! AND OF COURSE IT IS, we're all fated like this.
ReplyDeletePs: Piu blogger is telling me very sincerely to prove I'm not a robot. Who'd say that to a child who can speak only in monosyllables?