Tuesday, 7 February 2012

I love…

  • Fruity cocktails and fruity sundaes.
  • A glass of Baileys with ice after dinner and Hide and Seek biscuits for dipping.
  • Crepes with strawberries and pumpkin butter for breakfast.
  • The last 45 mins of snoozing before I REALLY need to get out of bed.
  • The fairy lights around my book shelf.
  • The variety of salads at lunch buffets. And fruits at the desserts section.
  • The sound of the fan.
  • Nofia – my pitch black soft toy dog. He’s just so soft.
  • People who are good mentors. I hope that I can be like that.
  • That brief moment of pride of knowing that I got it right when I’m checking my accounts and the number in my Excel sheet matches the bills in my wallet.
  • Knowing that I am being heard. I hope I can be a good listener too!
  • Coming home at the end of a stressful day. To eat my mum’s delicious cooking. To watch TV with them. To settle into my room for the night.
  • Seinfeld.
  • Making lists and organizing things.
  • Figuring out Blackberry and Whatsapp so I can pretend like I’m with my friends always.
  • Having a John Mayer tune as my ringtone. I love that man.
  • My music system. Turning it on is the first thing I do in the mornings. Music makes waking up a lot easier to deal with.
  • Couples who have been married for donkey’s years and still make each other laugh. Still delight in each other. Still stick together.
  • When people ask me to do something creative for them.
  • The colour blue.
  • Foot scrubs.
  • Butter on toast. Real butter. None of this low-calorie stuff.

…

I love a lot of things. There’s a lot to love about life.

I came home fuming and sad today. I don’t like Bangalore. It makes me so mad sometimes and I could make a long long list of things that I dislike about this city and resent about having to put up with everyday. But hatred is potent and anger is draining so I wanted to make a list of things that I love… It helps.

Tomorrow I will be better. I will do things differently. I won’t let it get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!