A friend of mine just started a new blog and posed a question to himself and all others who blog… why do you blog?
When I asked myself the question, I couldn’t really figure out what my answer was. “I don’t know, I just do!” But today as I thought about rest and how important alone-time is to me, I guess that’s part of the reason why I blog. Blogging is like journaling to me. It’s one way I know that I am taking stock of my life and not just barely making through it. In a sense, I feel like if I’ve written it down and shared it with others, I’m acknowledging the value of the experience. Which is why I guess I get frustrated when I am not able to blog – something is wrong then. Either I am not making the most of my life, or I’m not remembering it.
Anyway, thought I should blog to remember this weekend because it was GOOD. Yesterday I got to meet Bec and Glen who are two of my favourite people from Ooty, and life in general actually. They came bearing proof of my handiwork in designing the SISTERS annual report so that was nice! I finally got to see how it turned out in print and I’m quite proud of it. It’s not perfect and I would change some things but for an amateur, it’s pretty good, if I do say so myself!
After catching up with these two, we headed to Koramangala to meet with James and Niru. Niru is one of my closest friends from Hebron and James is her friend from Australia. I travelled with Niru and the rest of James’ family at the beginning of 2011 and had the most amazing time. I didn’t get to see the whole team this time which was a real bummer but it was so good to catch up with these two at least. We lazed around, watched an amazing movie (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?), went on a walk and took a bunch of photos, chatted and laughed over silly tongue twisters (can you say “a packet of biscuits, a packet of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer” several times really quicly? I can’t!) All in all, a weekend well spent, I'd say!
Here are some pictures from a rather hot Sunday in Bangalore with Niru and James…











The above picture was an attempt at re-creating this one…
Obviously this one is way cooler because a) we were on the beach b) we were one whole year younger and c) we were on the beach!!

p.s. Thanks for all the book recommendations on my last post, peeps! Will keep all those in mind. I actually have a bunch of books now that I can read so the pressure is on!
When I asked myself the question, I couldn’t really figure out what my answer was. “I don’t know, I just do!” But today as I thought about rest and how important alone-time is to me, I guess that’s part of the reason why I blog. Blogging is like journaling to me. It’s one way I know that I am taking stock of my life and not just barely making through it. In a sense, I feel like if I’ve written it down and shared it with others, I’m acknowledging the value of the experience. Which is why I guess I get frustrated when I am not able to blog – something is wrong then. Either I am not making the most of my life, or I’m not remembering it.
Anyway, thought I should blog to remember this weekend because it was GOOD. Yesterday I got to meet Bec and Glen who are two of my favourite people from Ooty, and life in general actually. They came bearing proof of my handiwork in designing the SISTERS annual report so that was nice! I finally got to see how it turned out in print and I’m quite proud of it. It’s not perfect and I would change some things but for an amateur, it’s pretty good, if I do say so myself!
After catching up with these two, we headed to Koramangala to meet with James and Niru. Niru is one of my closest friends from Hebron and James is her friend from Australia. I travelled with Niru and the rest of James’ family at the beginning of 2011 and had the most amazing time. I didn’t get to see the whole team this time which was a real bummer but it was so good to catch up with these two at least. We lazed around, watched an amazing movie (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?), went on a walk and took a bunch of photos, chatted and laughed over silly tongue twisters (can you say “a packet of biscuits, a packet of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer” several times really quicly? I can’t!) All in all, a weekend well spent, I'd say!
Here are some pictures from a rather hot Sunday in Bangalore with Niru and James…
The above picture was an attempt at re-creating this one…
Obviously this one is way cooler because a) we were on the beach b) we were one whole year younger and c) we were on the beach!!
p.s. Thanks for all the book recommendations on my last post, peeps! Will keep all those in mind. I actually have a bunch of books now that I can read so the pressure is on!
I think it is always good to ask ourselves why we do something. And for bloggers, I think the answer keeps us focused so our blog does not try to be all things to all people. I think that regular posters are going to be SO glad one day to have all of these moments documented. Thinking of that, helps me keep on especially when I don't feel like it.
ReplyDeleteThese are all such fun photos!!
Thanks Jill!
DeleteOh how I love that multicolored girl!! - my first baby!
ReplyDeleteHaha, she really is a multicoloured girl!
DeleteThat photo of you looking at Niru with your hands clasped made me really sad and happy all at once. I feel like I'm in a different country. What wouldn't I give just to have a sunny afternoon in Bangalore with you?
ReplyDeleteI know. So close, yet so far :P We really need to go on a holiday together again! Goodness knows I need it!
DeleteGOD I know me too! So grateful you blog, though -- it's just so GOOD to know what you're upto.
DeleteOnly just discovered that you'd responded to my question here. Thanks Tina!
ReplyDeleteReally enjoying your photos, by the way :)