I somehow always manage to miss the train. The doors will close just as I begin to climb/descend the stairs. That’s the way it goes. I don’t mind really; the metro station is clean and generally not crowded and I can sit and people watch while I wait for the next train that will arrive in approximately 10 minutes…
I haven’t had a lot of energy or desire to do much else other than going to work, coming back from work, and watching TV lately, therefore the silence on my blog. I admire people who can blog everyday, or at least 3-4 times week while also having a job, being a mom, etc. Kudos to you. Maybe I’ll find my groove eventually. For now, even thinking about blogging after a day of work tires me out.
And even if I had the energy, what do I blog about?
Conundrum. I want to blog; writing helps me so much and prevents me from wasting my time in a million other ways but it would seem that I have hit a creative dead-end. I don’t know what to write about.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m not loving my life right now. While the mundanity (okay, apparently that’s not a word, but you get me, right?) of my life right now worries me a little bit, I also love it in a strange way. I have had enough unpredictability over the last couple of years to be ready for a break! So for now, this is excellent. Of course everyday is not the same, but everyday I get up and go to work and I like that.
But I don’t want to write about work, exciting and novel as it may be, I don’t want to write about it.
So there you go peeps. Help me out, will ya? Ask me questions, give me suggestions, whatevs, just help me bring this blog back to life!
things you like! A film, a hymn, a song, a memory, a book, a quote, a moment, just something that keeps you going, something you go back to or hold on to during those moments when you're waiting for the train, or before you sleep, or are generally low :)It'll be less everyday occasion-data, but more Piu-data!
ReplyDeleteAnd photos!
"Piu-data" haha! OK! :)
DeleteHave you read "The Artist's Way"? Do the Morning Pages exercise! It will help you help yourself! I love your writing so it really does not matter what you write about - even the 'mundanity' of your life is interesting! :)
ReplyDeleteNo, haven't read that... will look it up! Thanks for the suggestion... and the love ;)
DeleteIn our family at suppertime, we get the kids talking and have a REAL conversation when we do "Peak and Pit" It's the very best part of your day (peak) and the low point (pit) of your day. It can be mundane or extraordinary, but it's a way to go back through your day (a little introspection) and a way to communicate. It's fast and simple! So I think you should do that a few times a week (with photos, of course!!!)
ReplyDeleteWe used to do that at the dinner table when I was in school! Good idea - thanks! :)
Deletep.s. and hey, look! I can reply to your comment on my blog! :) LOVE. IT.
Delete