Sunday, 18 March 2012

This Week.

*I only worked 5 days. I had the whole weekend off. On Friday night I was so happy, I wanted to cry for joy!

*On Saturday morning, I drove my parents to the supermarket and back with lots of input from my dad. Apparently driving in the driving school’s car is a lot easier than *actually* driving. Argh. This is why nobody in India knows how to drive, because apparently driving school cars are rigged to make it easier. Anyway, I’m getting there. I still really enjoy driving and feeling of independence that it brings with it is sweet!

*I wished several times for a holiday. To just get away, sit on a beach and clear my head. A road-trip would be fantastic. I also wondered what it would be like to move back to Africa. My country really frustrates me sometimes.

*We celebrated D, my lovely sis-in-law as she prepares to bring another precious person into the world :)

Untitled-2 copy

*I watched a most excellent film: Hugo and remembered with fondness my professors in college who taught us all about the beginnings of cinema. It’s nice when the (then) seemingly useless things that you learnt in school/college somehow pop-up later and you realise, “Hey, I know about the Lumiere Brothers, and the first films ever to be made and George Melies!” I was super excited to see these in the film and felt very knowledgeable. Thank you professeurs for widening our horizons!

*Apparently, they’re still playing Pass the Parcel :) The first pic was taken at one of my birthday parties when we lived in Zambia. And the second is from my niece’s birthday party here in Bangalore. Some things don’t change.

Untitled-1 copy

That’s all peeps! Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. the comparison of those two pictures is so great!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie Hugo!!! "maybe i'm made to fix things" -Hugo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass the parcel!! I love that game. Also I read your blog all the time, but this is the first time I've left a comment. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!