Saturday, 10 December 2011

Retrospecting.

Happy Birthday, Sharan! :)
I'm not a video person generally. I much prefer stills. There was one point in my travels with Ben as his 'assistant' that he asked me to film using his second camera and I could not help but click until Ben told me he didn't want to hear the shutter. Haha. I was duly chided and changed to 'film' mode :P Don't get me wrong, I think it is a powerful and incredible medium and I appreciate it but personally, I just never think to take videos. I'm so glad that others around me do though! Like this video that was taken exactly two years ago on Sharan's birthday! I wish I could upload the actual video but the file is too big and I don't have the required software/don't know how to make it smaller so I pulled some stills from it instead. My friends and I travelled all the way to Vashi late at night, camped out at a mall till midnight so we could surprise Sharan in the first few minutes of her birthday. It was such a fun experience to watch the video. Watch us laughing and carrying out this little 'show' with our hand-made signs! Listening to all the inside jokes that make sense only to us and references to things specific only to that time. Watching Sharan's expressions change from confusion to realisation to joy! And being overwhelmed by how grateful I am for a bunch of friends who not only have a similar thirst for adventure and life but who continually help to grow my own! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!