Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Oh yeah, It’s Christmas-time.

No sign of it anywhere really except the little stalls selling Christmas decorations where I need to remember to stop by one of these days to get some fairy lights for my room. Not so much as Christmas decorations but because I just love those things.

I feel somewhat unsettled. There’s a lot of work going on around the house. Painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc. And after my whirlwind travels to Pune and Mumbai, I want to scream ‘time-out’ and disappear for a while. I don’t want to think of future plans, what to do next, work… I want to think of nothing.

So here’s a random post of ramblings on nothing in particular and everything in general.

- I’ve always wished I knew exactly what to order at coffee shops. You know because it sounds so impressive to walk in, say exactly what you want and rattle it off until you become one of the regulars and you don’t even have to tell them anymore, they see you and know, “oh yeah, that lady she wants an X with Y.” Well, now I know. I’d like an Americano with milk on the side, thankyouverymuch. Next order of things is to find a coffee shop where I can become a regular. I do have place in mind. There’s this adorable little place called Ants Cafe in Indiranagar that Antu took me to yesterday. Sitting there for some reason reminds me of the German Bakery in Kovalam which is a great place to be reminded of.

- Over the last few weeks of the wedding shoot, and working with Ben, I’ve realised the value of having friends who love to do what you love to do. It’s like having a work-out partner. You need someone with the same goal as you to push you, to challenge you or you go into this slump. So I need to find some photographer friends that I can go clicking with on a regular basis. Anyone? Maybe I should join a club or something.

- Speaking of working-out, I’ve been awful the last few weeks. What with travelling and general exhaustion, I’ve been feeling kind of sluggish lately so I set my alarm for 5:30am and went to bed relatively early last night determined to get into some sort of a routine again. Of course, as it goes with me, I woke to the alarm, totally confused, looked out the window at what looked like pitch darkness and promptly went back to sleep. I woke up again at 6:20am, yelled “GET OUT OF BED!” to myself very loudly in my head and got out of bed, changed and headed out and regretted not having forced myself out earlier as the traffic had already started trickling in to that bane of an IT park in front of our house. Oh well, it was a start at least and there’s hope for tomorrow.

- Ben’s final blog post from his India travels is up. You can see it here: The Last Leg: Pune and Bombay. My grandmom got a special mention too :)

- And to finish, here are some words from Isaiah 43 that brought me comfort this morning:

Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you.

_MG_5159

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!