I have this bad habit of listening to the same songs over and over again until I get sick of them. However, I justify this habit of mine by how the music industry invariably comes up with new tunes that I can obsess over at a very frequent rate so even though I am quickly going to get sick of the following songs because I listen to them on repeat, there is hope...
+ Katiya Karoon from Rockstar. This one is my favourite but it would be a mistake to stop at that; the entire album is so great. Kun Faaya Kun is probably my second favourite. Gorgeous Qawwali with gorgeous lyrics. A.R. Rahman, *sigh* is all I have to say to you.
+ Winter Snow by Audrey Assad with Chris Tomlin. This is my favourite Christmas song at the moment. Such a beautiful reminder of how the first Christmas really had little fanfare about it. You came like winter snow. Quiet and soft and slow. Falling from the sky in the night. To the earth below.
+ Namaste Sate by Aradhna. I like to play this song the first thing in the morning. The words are powerful and a good place to start the day. Namaste sate sarvalok-ashraya. Ultimate Reality, we greet you.
I got this book that I ordered in the post a few days ago that I am so pleased about. It's called Bread for the Journey by Henri Nouwen. When I was in Ooty, my friends Rod and Diana were reading one of Nouwen's other books called Life of the Beloved and they would read excerpts to us once in a while and so I knew to expect to be blown away by Nouwen's wisdom when I ordered this book but what I didn't expect is how pretty the book is! It's like my new little prize possession. Loving it.
Speaking of prize possessions, I dreamed the other night that I was rushing to capture a moment at a wedding and my camera fell out of my hand and broke. I woke up in a panic and it took me a while to convince myself that it was a dream and it could not possibly be true. I do know that every photographer will someday have to experience some breakage, damage or loss though and I am not looking forward to my turn :/
I finally finished editing the wedding photographs yesterday. I have re-realised that sorting and editing is my least favourite part of photography. But I think that's a good thing... I think there should be at least one thing that you do not like about your work cause if it's too perfect, it's not challenging. And the challenge in my dislike for editing is to reduce the amount of sorting and editing that need be done. I want to get to a point where I can set up a shot so perfectly that I need only click once and be confident that I got exactly what I wanted. No more clicking of hundreds of 'back-up' photos of the same shot, no more post-processing... I want to be that good. I want to know the art of photography that well. Oh, give wings to my dreams, Lord.
You can see more of the wedding shoot here. Enjoy!
+ Katiya Karoon from Rockstar. This one is my favourite but it would be a mistake to stop at that; the entire album is so great. Kun Faaya Kun is probably my second favourite. Gorgeous Qawwali with gorgeous lyrics. A.R. Rahman, *sigh* is all I have to say to you.
+ Winter Snow by Audrey Assad with Chris Tomlin. This is my favourite Christmas song at the moment. Such a beautiful reminder of how the first Christmas really had little fanfare about it. You came like winter snow. Quiet and soft and slow. Falling from the sky in the night. To the earth below.
+ Namaste Sate by Aradhna. I like to play this song the first thing in the morning. The words are powerful and a good place to start the day. Namaste sate sarvalok-ashraya. Ultimate Reality, we greet you.
I got this book that I ordered in the post a few days ago that I am so pleased about. It's called Bread for the Journey by Henri Nouwen. When I was in Ooty, my friends Rod and Diana were reading one of Nouwen's other books called Life of the Beloved and they would read excerpts to us once in a while and so I knew to expect to be blown away by Nouwen's wisdom when I ordered this book but what I didn't expect is how pretty the book is! It's like my new little prize possession. Loving it.
Speaking of prize possessions, I dreamed the other night that I was rushing to capture a moment at a wedding and my camera fell out of my hand and broke. I woke up in a panic and it took me a while to convince myself that it was a dream and it could not possibly be true. I do know that every photographer will someday have to experience some breakage, damage or loss though and I am not looking forward to my turn :/
I finally finished editing the wedding photographs yesterday. I have re-realised that sorting and editing is my least favourite part of photography. But I think that's a good thing... I think there should be at least one thing that you do not like about your work cause if it's too perfect, it's not challenging. And the challenge in my dislike for editing is to reduce the amount of sorting and editing that need be done. I want to get to a point where I can set up a shot so perfectly that I need only click once and be confident that I got exactly what I wanted. No more clicking of hundreds of 'back-up' photos of the same shot, no more post-processing... I want to be that good. I want to know the art of photography that well. Oh, give wings to my dreams, Lord.
You can see more of the wedding shoot here. Enjoy!

hi! i love your pictures... :) i gave to say..you actually make me want to take more pictures!!
ReplyDeleteer...heh heh...i meant i HAVE* to say..
ReplyDeleteI do that same thing...listening and listening and listening until I wear out the welcome.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to checking out your "right-now" song favs.
And ooooh! the pictures are DONE!. Going to look now!