Task: Write 2011 Blog Post.
*sigh*
Honestly, in some ways it seems like a blur. Such incredulous things have happened this past year that I sometimes find it hard to believe that this is my life. I know that it is though and I can say this now, in retrospect, I am glad. I am so glad. For everything that has happened this past year.
I know myself a little better because of this year. Thanks to the work that I got to do. Thanks to the people that I got to work for. Thanks to the friends that I made. Thanks to the freedom that I have. Thanks to my parents’ acceptance. Thanks for difficult circumstances that lead to difficult decisions. Thanks to my camera. Thanks to mentors and role-models who share their knowledge and wisdom so freely and encouragingly. Oh, I am just SO thankful.
It hasn’t all been pretty. There has been pain and hurt – so bad that it was blinding at times and breathtaking at others and I thought I would never make it through. But I have learnt that you must purge the pain. Life just sucks sometimes because we are flawed and broken human beings; all just trying to make it. Accept it. Looking only ahead, with faith, into the future that, with God, is no doubt bright. He will redeem; it’s what He does. Period. And like Philip Yancey puts it in his book Searching for the Invisible God:

Yes. Yes. Yes.
Happy New Year!
*sigh*
Honestly, in some ways it seems like a blur. Such incredulous things have happened this past year that I sometimes find it hard to believe that this is my life. I know that it is though and I can say this now, in retrospect, I am glad. I am so glad. For everything that has happened this past year.
I know myself a little better because of this year. Thanks to the work that I got to do. Thanks to the people that I got to work for. Thanks to the friends that I made. Thanks to the freedom that I have. Thanks to my parents’ acceptance. Thanks for difficult circumstances that lead to difficult decisions. Thanks to my camera. Thanks to mentors and role-models who share their knowledge and wisdom so freely and encouragingly. Oh, I am just SO thankful.
It hasn’t all been pretty. There has been pain and hurt – so bad that it was blinding at times and breathtaking at others and I thought I would never make it through. But I have learnt that you must purge the pain. Life just sucks sometimes because we are flawed and broken human beings; all just trying to make it. Accept it. Looking only ahead, with faith, into the future that, with God, is no doubt bright. He will redeem; it’s what He does. Period. And like Philip Yancey puts it in his book Searching for the Invisible God:
Things happen, some of them good, some of them bad, many of them beyond our control. In all these things, I have felt the reliable constant of a God willing to work with me and through me to produce something good.And so, I can but be grateful for everything that this year has brought my way. Because now I believe it even more. I knew of it before, but I can say with confidence now that I have known it personally in a very real way. God is there. God is constant. God is blow-your-mind-beautiful.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Happy New Year!
Nice Post Tina! Here's to another year of Learning and Growth and to experiencing God everyday :) All the best for 2012!
ReplyDeleteThanks Zena! All the best to you too! :)
ReplyDelete