Saturday, 24 December 2011

Be Free.

I'm staying over with Dada and D and it's a quiet, understated Christmas eve. Permission was granted to listen to ONE album of Christmas 'carols' but the rest of the evening was filled with soundtracks of movies ranging from Dirty Dancing to Inception. I spent most of that time slogging away in the kitchen, baking quiches to take to Christmas breakfast tomorrow with Radiance (our wonderful little church group here in Bangalore). And then my brother and I watched a movie called Drive which was interesting minus the violence. Even Ryan Gosling's (*swoon*) presence in the film could not redeem that factor. I spent a lot of time analyzing shots and wondering what lenses they might have used to get certain effects though. The cinematography was pretty awesome. I know, I'm such a geek but honest-to-God these are often the thoughts that go through my head while watching movies and I have to remind myself to keep these thoughts to myself! I think it started with sitting in on Film criticism classes with my Lit student friends in college and has only gotten worse after hanging out with other similarly geeky people (when it comes to photography and film) in the recent past. But I'm kind of glad about this - I've always been in awe of artistically geeky people and now I think, maybe I'm one of them too?

Anyway, all of this rambling was not supposed to be the point of this blog post. The point was to wish you, my dear dear blogger friends, near and far, a very very Happy Christmas!

I hope it is a real, peaceful and joyful day.

Thanks for reading!





Luke 2:16-20

The Message

As the angel choir withdrew into heaven, the sheepherders talked it over. "Let's get over to Bethlehem as fast as we can and see for ourselves what God has revealed to us." They left, running, and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in the manger. Seeing was believing. They told everyone they met what the angels had said about this child. All who heard the sheepherders were impressed.
Mary kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself. The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they'd been told!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!