Sunday, 5 December 2010

The New Way...

 Last night I went for a formal dinner with the Std. 9s. Now a Hebron formal dinner, in my experience was just a night where your class dressed up and went to a nice place and ate some nice food. But things have changed a little bit... Well, at least it was different last night! In my five years of Hebron schooling I probably had been to about 10 of these but last night's will probably stick in my memory the longest. Why? Well, it was pretty much the same deal... We all dressed up, looked pretty (yes, even the boys looked pretty :P), put on flats to walk to the venue and then changed into our heels (don't judge, it's the way to do it when you live in Ooty!), took lots of photos, ate, etc... But then... we danced! *Gasp*! You see, back in my day, dancing was banned at Hebron. "Movement to music" was kind of allowed - whatever that means... but "dancing" was pretty much forbidden. Especially when boys and girls were together. I know, it's kind of inane but that's how it was. Eventually though, the rule was quietly taken out of the handbook and I believe that this super cool guy had something to do it... I don't know but I heard that he wrote a long letter to the management (when he was an IG) about how important it was for Hebronites to know how to dance so they wouldn't be awkward when they actually go out into the "big bad world" where people actually do dance! So he even taught the boys to Salsa for a while and I think it pretty much went downhill from there. Hebronites are allowed to dance now - boys and girls together :P
So last night we all did some crazy line-dancing (think "YMCA", "Macarena", etc) and it was SO fun! I was up there in the front row, completely hyperactive and having the time of my life! It reminded me of my brother's reception because I think that was the last time I had so much fun doing some mad dancing!
Me and some of the girls!
Ruth and Louise both celebrated their birthdays this week!

The Smiths! Dorm parents extraordinaire!

Mr. Payne and some of his dorm boys

The whole group!

Ruhi and Paul singing "Fireflies"

The boys showing off their skills!

"Matching matching"!

Haha, look how enthusiastic they all are about a game of Musical Chairs!

Yun and me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tina! I am loving your Hebron updates. :) You're beautiful.
    PS: Cool layout!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!