I'm grateful for today's prompt because it forces me to reflect on the good and I need to be "prompted" to do that. Even though today has on the whole been a good day, given the chance, I could easily forget about all of that and reflect on the one not-so-good thing that did happen. But I won't. Cause the prompt for the day is "Community".
My dear friends Peter and Taryn arrived in Ooty today. Taryn is still waiting on her visa to re-locate to the UK to be with Peter and it's been tough but thankfully Peter was able to come back to India for a couple of weeks. Anyway, so we went out for dinner this evening and Peter asked me three things that I've loved about being an IG and I had to kind of think about it. Not because I haven't loved it, but because I've just loved the experience as a whole so much that it's kind of hard to put my finger on 1, 2, 3 things. You know?
Anyway, but one of the things that I have loved about working at Hebron is the community aspect of it. This is technically my first kind-of "job" and I couldn't have asked for better! I've learnt things about myself and done things that I would never have done otherwise just because of the community. People are encouraging, supportive and oh man, the way they go out of their way to lend a helping hand. I mean, nobody really signed up for that. A lot of things you end up doing here were never mentioned in your job description but that's Hebron for you. You just get in there and try. And I love that and I'm glad that I can be a part of that!
Aw.
ReplyDeleteHappy for your capacity to reflect and filter the good moments. Love you.
ReplyDelete