Monday, 6 December 2010

Make.

Like I must have mentioned before, I love December. But why? Yeah, it's Christmas but that's never been a huge big deal for me. I've never decorated a Christmas tree, buying presents is more stressful than fun because it involves shopping... Don't get me wrong. I do love Christmas. Especially the Christmas story. Blows me away every time! But apart from that, what is it about December that I love so much?
I think it's the retrospection. Kind of silly because retrospection can be done any month of the year, right? But there's just something about December... I feel like things slow down and suddenly you realise, "whoa, it's the end of another year!" and think about all that's happened in the past year and I love the... power of that! I think retrospection is my best teacher. I've been reading a book by Philip Yancey lately called "Reaching for the Invisible God" and in one of the chapters he quotes a guy who says this: "I know if my house caught fire, I would rush to save my journal. It's my most valuable possession, a record of my relationship with God. There have been few dramatic moments, but there have been intimate moments. As I read my journal now, in retrospect, I can see the hand of God in my life." And I thought, "oh my goodness, that is so me!" I see God best in retrospect. I see how He has come forth for me, as my hero, time and time again and it fills me with joy and hope for the future because He is a God who never changes and as He has done before, He will do again.
So as November came to an end, I kid you not, I was filled with excitement because it was "officially" time to retrospect and look back at 2010 and look what God has done! But it's kind of overwhelming though because there's so much to say and how? So I was delighted to find this... Reverb10 as an aid! I don't know that I'll follow it everyday but today's was:
December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? 
And that's pretty cool because I actually did make something today... Well, not all by myself but anyway... a couple of weeks ago, at a dorm meeting, Mrs. Smith had made this amazing "Dutch Apple Cake" that was to die for and I've been wanting to try it out ever since. So today, we had planned a visit to the Pastor's house because he's such a sweet man and we wanted to just go spend some time with him and thought to take something with us so we tried out this recipe and well... it looks amazing, right? :) And so easy to make too!


So what have you been making? :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks yumm. The last I baked was a low fat- low cal Banana Cake. Which would have been nicer had it more fat and calories :D

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!