Saturday, 18 December 2010

Bittersweet.

I have attempted to blog several times over the last few days but something or the other kept coming up... I want to post pictures of all the saree wearing opportunities, pictures from the reunion... I want to tell you how mad the last two weeks of term have been. How depressing it is to say goodbye.
I think the word of the week is bittersweet.
I'm happy that school is finally closed and I can take a break but at the same time I'll miss the busyness. Now I actually have time to sit and think. No excuses. Drat.
I'm happy that it's Christmas season but I miss home so much and I miss my parents so much and I'm sad we won't all be together this holiday.
I'm happy that I'm going down to Bangalore to spend time with my brother and D for a few days but I wish I could go home. Home in Krishnappa Garden.
See what I mean? Bittersweet.
Anyway, I totally underestimated how much packing and clearing up I had to do and so it was a mad rush today.  School closed yesterday and all the students have left to go home and most of the staff too. Selborne is pretty much empty so I've moved over to Lushington (the main campus) which is a first. I've never lived on this campus and I'm pretty loyal to Selborne and as pathetic as it may sound I actually miss my room already! But I can't complain... The plan was for me to crash with Suzan and her family but then Lynn offered for me to house-sit their apartment and so I'm living in the Principal's flat. Sweet. Not that it's really any more special than any of the other flats, and I think that's awesome testimony to Hebron. But there's a kitchen, a shower and a TV with a DVD player and well it's just nice to sort of have a place to myself for a couple of days. It's also in the middle of everything so it doesn't get too lonely either.
It's freaking cold here at the moment and I can't decide whether I like it or not. I do love the clear blue skies. Anu and I lay out on the tennis court under the brilliant sky this evening. I definitely seem to have a pretty low tolerance for the cold so I'm bundling up in as many layers as I can manage which meant that I had to lug over so much stuff today just so I can be warm for the next week! I even brought over my electric blanket that I am so grateful for. The sensation of slipping into a warm bed at night is just awesome. I feel almost guilty for how much I love it... Life is so unfair sometimes. Why should I have an electric blanket and why are there homeless people sleeping out on the streets of Ooty in this frigid weather? Ugh. Uncomfortable thoughts.
We saw Anu off at the bus-stand this evening. Surprisingly, I've managed to keep the waterworks under control but I don't have words to express how much I am going to miss this crazy chick. Before I got to Hebron, I had so many apprehensions. I usually take a while to settle into a place and I didn't think I'd manage to get past that fast enough to actually make friends but Anu would have none of that. She drew me out of my shell and now I have friends for life and I'm so grateful that she's one of them!
I miss you already, Anuuuuugrahhhhh!

1 comment:

Yay, a comment!