Wednesday, 13 October 2010

“And the award for the best play goes to…”

"A-A-A-A-….."

 

I could see the "A" forming in the mouths of our five judges and they kept it going for what seemed like forever and I was standing there thinking, "okay our play is the only one that starts with an "A"… I really hope they're not playing a mean trick on us. You know, like they start saying "A-A-A… James and The Giant Peach!!" or even "The Whipping Boy". I know, it sounds ridiculous but like I said, it seemed like forever or at least long enough for this stupid thought-process to happen in my mind. But they finally said it - "ANNIE!"

 

We won! The best play, the best set, best actress, best actress runner-up, best actor runner-up and about 5 others were specially commended too! The funniest thing was, after they announced the best play, my darling Std. 7s, littlest of the senior school, sitting right in the front row just sat there, gaping at the stage in almost disbelief! I literally had to shake them off their seats to go on stage and claim their trophy!! Oh precious! I am so glad for them and biased as I may be, they so deserved it. Ask anybody!

 

It has been the most awesome journey. From adapting the script from the movie, to visualizing it, to finding the music, to painting backdrops, to finding props, costumes, to baking treats, etc… I loved every moment of it. I did none of it by myself and I worked with the most amazing, encouraging and humble people and the most talented students! Seriously, these kids were a first-time-director's-dream-come-true. And I marvel at God's goodness to me. He really loves me, He does.

 

So here I am, one more memory added to my list of "Best Hebron Experiences EVER"!! and I'm a little sad that it's over but I suppose all things must come to an end…

 

"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride" – Ecclesiastes 7: 8

2 comments:

  1. p.s. photos taken by Ralph Buckingham (Staff), aren't they awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are!

    And you're going to Kerala, I am so jealous!

    Congrats once again, my dear. You -- all of you -- REALLY did deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!