Friday, 30 July 2010

Yeh Delhi hain mere yaar!

Delhi is amazing. I know there are so many notions about it and maybe it isn't the safest city in the world, definitely not the safest in India, but if you open up your heart and are game to explore a little and of course be cautious... It's amazing. I suppose it helps when you're here with some of the most amazing people in the world: a bunch of Hebronites, of course! :P And I'd probably think differently if I actually lived here and saw more than just what meets the eye on a whirlwind weekend trip...
Anyway, so as you've gathered, I am in Delhi! And I'm staying at a guest-house with a bunch of other people who I know from Hebron and I'm having a blast! Yesterday evening was the Rehearsal and Dinner and we had a whole lot of fun. Today I talked David (classmate from school) and the Bordons (other Hebron-connected family) to go on a quest to find a place called "Parathe walle galli" in Chandni Chowk in the old part of Delhi and what a quest it was! Seriously, Chandni Chowk is the most fascinating place I have ever been to... On the way there, we saw India Gate and the Rashtrapati Bhavan from the car... And after we ate parathas to our heart's content, Rachel, David and I headed back on the metro (which I thought was super-amazing btw) while the rest of the Bordons went to do some sight-seeing...
I wish I could upload photos, but I'm at a tiny little cyber cafe so that'll have to wait... I actually wanted to avoid logging on while I was here but everyone was headed to the cafe so I thought I'd drop in a line!
More later!

1 comment:

Yay, a comment!