yes yes and more yes. prince charming is what we dream of being raised on a diet of fairytales and disney, but a real person who appreciates and loves you for all of you is what every girl deserves :) and i don't think a girl should ever give up looking for the boy who can sweep her off her feet!
Any of you ladies try to sweep a girl off her feet recently? Say what you want but it takes a Prince Charming to do that. Men can try honesty, loyalty, respect and adoration, but they're wasting their time. If you want a girl to respond, unfortunately, you have to build the most glamorous and flashy white horse facade you can and hope they'll fall for it. Agreed?
@AJ, that is a huge generalization. Like Piu(Tina) said, there isn't really a formula.
Every girl's Prince Charming is different, because every girl is different. Similarly, every girl's definition of being swept off her feet is also different. If you ask me, if someone gives me honesty, adoration, loyalty and respect, he IS Prince Charming.
The quality to be agreed to here is someone who can appreciate and love her for who she truly is. I hope every woman hopes for this. To be accepted as you are isn't too much of an expectation, no?
@Sonal. You're absolutely right! To be accepted exactly as you are should never be too much to ask. @Tina. Yes, you're also right. And thank you for pointing it out, this is a vast generalization that's more damaging to me than anyone else. It's not every woman that would prefer to play games than be swept off her feet, just some.
"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
Name that movie :)
(p.s. terry brings me earl grey in bed, and i'm swept, haha)
I don't know if it's really a "girl" thing. Everyone wants to be accepted for what they are, no? I think my real issue is the problem with the belief that there is this elusive ONE person who is going to change your life. I completely agree with the bit about being accepted as you are -- that's sort of like a pre-req -- but shouldn't that happen with everyone, regardless of who they are? I mean, you love and accept your friends and family and teachers, so why should this be any different?
Then there's the girl thing. Everyone needs companionship -- so why should it be only the girl who is looking for her Prince or whatever? Why should it be the girl who WAITS for someone to "sweep her off"? Perceptions and notions like these only do more damage, because every girl grows up with this wish, and then -- if she doesn't find that guy who will accept her for who she is (because let's face it, it's not easy, even though it should be), that's the end of it for her. The very idea of WAITING for someone to fill in that blank all your life just spells disappointment -- so I'd rather we girls didn't grow up with that expectation at all. People are like trains on a platform -- you keep going, and you pass them buy. Some get on, some get off. Some make it through with you till the end, but everyone gets off there. It's possible that you're looking for someone to board that train with you, but you keep looking and she/he never comes along.
Ok, this is just me, I know you know that already, but I just had to clarify :D
@Sharan, its true that acceptance should come from everyone-friends, family, etc. But I do believe that you do not share yourself with friends or family as much as you do with the special person you love(at that time or The One).
Its true the acceptance should come for both the genders. But aren't girls almost always the ones who are expected to adjust and change for the guy? Aren't they the ones who have to stop wearing certain clothes or leave their jobs because the husband/boyfriend doesn't approve? I know I'm generalizing. But its the trend generally, no? Thats why I think its important for women to believe that they should be accepted as they are. That being said, no relationship works without some adjustments. From both sides.
If they want to wait or not, is up to every person. Depends on what is more important to you.
Agreed. Completely.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Whats that thing on the table in the picture?
I'm not so sure I agree :-/ I've been questioning the very notion of a "Prince Charming" for a very, very long time now.
ReplyDelete@Sonu: A vase with flowers?!
ReplyDelete@Sharan: Yeah, not the "knight in shining armor" type, but "someone who can appreciate and love her for who she truly is"?
yes yes and more yes. prince charming is what we dream of being raised on a diet of fairytales and disney, but a real person who appreciates and loves you for all of you is what every girl deserves :) and i don't think a girl should ever give up looking for the boy who can sweep her off her feet!
ReplyDeleteAny of you ladies try to sweep a girl off her feet recently? Say what you want but it takes a Prince Charming to do that. Men can try honesty, loyalty, respect and adoration, but they're wasting their time. If you want a girl to respond, unfortunately, you have to build the most glamorous and flashy white horse facade you can and hope they'll fall for it.
ReplyDeleteAgreed?
@AJ: That is unfortunate but also, a generalization. I guess there isn't really a formula, you know?
ReplyDelete@AJ, that is a huge generalization. Like Piu(Tina) said, there isn't really a formula.
ReplyDeleteEvery girl's Prince Charming is different, because every girl is different. Similarly, every girl's definition of being swept off her feet is also different. If you ask me, if someone gives me honesty, adoration, loyalty and respect, he IS Prince Charming.
The quality to be agreed to here is someone who can appreciate and love her for who she truly is. I hope every woman hopes for this. To be accepted as you are isn't too much of an expectation, no?
@Sonal. You're absolutely right! To be accepted exactly as you are should never be too much to ask.
ReplyDelete@Tina. Yes, you're also right. And thank you for pointing it out, this is a vast generalization that's more damaging to me than anyone else. It's not every woman that would prefer to play games than be swept off her feet, just some.
"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
ReplyDeleteName that movie :)
(p.s. terry brings me earl grey in bed, and i'm swept, haha)
Juno!! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if it's really a "girl" thing. Everyone wants to be accepted for what they are, no? I think my real issue is the problem with the belief that there is this elusive ONE person who is going to change your life. I completely agree with the bit about being accepted as you are -- that's sort of like a pre-req -- but shouldn't that happen with everyone, regardless of who they are? I mean, you love and accept your friends and family and teachers, so why should this be any different?
ReplyDeleteThen there's the girl thing. Everyone needs companionship -- so why should it be only the girl who is looking for her Prince or whatever? Why should it be the girl who WAITS for someone to "sweep her off"? Perceptions and notions like these only do more damage, because every girl grows up with this wish, and then -- if she doesn't find that guy who will accept her for who she is (because let's face it, it's not easy, even though it should be), that's the end of it for her. The very idea of WAITING for someone to fill in that blank all your life just spells disappointment -- so I'd rather we girls didn't grow up with that expectation at all. People are like trains on a platform -- you keep going, and you pass them buy. Some get on, some get off. Some make it through with you till the end, but everyone gets off there. It's possible that you're looking for someone to board that train with you, but you keep looking and she/he never comes along.
Ok, this is just me, I know you know that already, but I just had to clarify :D
@Sharan, its true that acceptance should come from everyone-friends, family, etc. But I do believe that you do not share yourself with friends or family as much as you do with the special person you love(at that time or The One).
ReplyDeleteIts true the acceptance should come for both the genders. But aren't girls almost always the ones who are expected to adjust and change for the guy? Aren't they the ones who have to stop wearing certain clothes or leave their jobs because the husband/boyfriend doesn't approve? I know I'm generalizing. But its the trend generally, no? Thats why I think its important for women to believe that they should be accepted as they are. That being said, no relationship works without some adjustments. From both sides.
If they want to wait or not, is up to every person. Depends on what is more important to you.