Saturday, 3 July 2010

Fußball!!

I know. Me and football? This is new.


Can't help it. I am just loving it this time. I don't think I've ever been this interested in watching any kind of sport. I mean, my interest definitely grew when I started off at Hebron. In fact, I pretty distinctly remember how excited I was to watch a football match at Breeks Stadium in my very first week at school and I even played on the Field Hockey team in my latter years but I've never been the kind to stay up till 3am to watch a Live match and that is precisely what I did last night (Ghana vs. Uruguay) I was pretty much biting my nails and silently screaming for Ghana and what a match it was! Devastating of course, because I was rooting for Ghana. And they should have won!! :( Anyway now I'm rooting for Deutschland!!


I've also been watching Wimbledon and one of the funniest things is switching channels between the football and tennis... Suddenly, it gets a lot quieter and 'civilised' with proper applause and occasional cheering as opposed the constant drone of vuvuzelas and screaming in the football stadiums. It's hilarious!


Also, overflowing from the football madness, last night I was thinking how awesome it would be to be in Brazil in 2014 in time for the next World Cup, eh? Because it just looks like so much fun to be in that atmosphere and hopefully I'll have a nice SLR camera by then so I can catch some sweet moments like this one... :P

Netherlands' Rafael van der Vaart kicks between the legs of Cameroon's Aurelien Chedjou during a Group E soccer match at Green Point stadium in Cape Town June 24, 2010. (REUTERS/Jerry Lampen)
(Click on the photo to see the rest.)
So yeah, aim for the next couple of years: Get a Masters. Get a job for an International Environmental Organisation that works at saving the Amazon rain forest in South America. Buy myself an D-SLR and telephoto zoom lens. Be in Brazil to catch the World Cup 2014. How's that for a plan? 


I'm a dreamer, I am :)


P.s. Also, just for kicks, read this post in 'Vuvuzela mode'!! Try it, it's awesome :P

3 comments:

  1. Ha hahaha I know World cup football is addictive!!! I guess its coz of the preassure .. the teams have loads at stake ... N now its so unpredictable !! Argentina is Out ! I mean thats a Wow!N ur right .. It would really b sumthing being there.. I mean if it can be infectious miles away ... I can imagine the effect up close!
    P.S Vuvuzela mode ..... Nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool plan, good luck. Where are you going to grad school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that picture! I'd like to see what happened a half-second later! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!