So as I tried (and failed) to take a nap this afternoon, I was thinking of the "Hello... Piu?" story... (Yes, yes, Jo, Sonu, etc... I can hear y'all cracking up already! :P)
'Piu' is what my college buddies call me. It started off with this girl... Jo, whose real name is actually 'Namaha'. Her 'daak-naam' (nickname) is Joyee and has nothing to do with her 'bhalo-naam' (it's a bong thing!) and was further shortened to 'Jo' by us... Although Sharan likes to call her 'Joey'! Jo is related to me. In some convoluted and distant way that I, till this day, for the life of me, cannot remember or understand. But we're related somehow and we like to show off about it sometimes :P
Of course, Jo was hard to miss. She was in all my Psych and Socio classes... and French! And her name came just a few names before mine on the roll-call so I knew her voice before I knew her face! :P And then one day in one of our Socio classes (in which nothing ever happened!) Jo was sitting across the room with Gauri and I thought what the heck, and I said:
"Hey! You're Namaha, right?"
"Yeah, you're Priyanka, right?"
"Yeah.... apparently we're related!"
"Yeah... why don't you come sit with us...?"
(or something like that!)
(or something like that!)
And well, that was that. Now we talk at least three times a day on the phone?! :P
(There you go, Jo... I told the story of how we became friends on the blog! :P)
Jo has made me a funnier person. I swear. She has an infectious smile and a wholehearted laughter that catches on and a real knack for telling stories (again and again :P) and many many more talents and qualities but you should really just meet her in person and find out for yourself! :)
Shopping at Max in Bangalore! October, 2008
I was going to tell the "Hello... Piu?" story which goes back to the first year of college when I lived on campus and is apparently one of my funniest blunders (I have many. Like MANY!) But I guess that's for another day!
K'scope 2008
This one's for you, Jo :)

Piuuuu, i wish i could tell you HOW much i love you..not only because you blogged about 'us' but also because it's YOU!!! :')
ReplyDelete*wipes tear*
ReplyDeleteGah. College. Gah, why did it have to finish? Gah.