Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Sleepy Town.

It's just about to be 9pm and I got home about 30mins back. Walked back after a dinner at Blue Hills with two of the other girls from Freedom Firm. I don't know why this surprises me, but I'm always so taken aback by how completely empty the roads are by like 8pm! Sleepy town!
Anyway, I've had a pretty full day today. Started off with an informal meeting at Willy's with our supervisors at Freedom Firm and then we sneaked in for lunch at Hebron, went over to the workshop in the afternoon to talk further on what I need to do and then came home for a cup of tea, put on some more warm clothes and then headed out to dinner.
Oh, and by 'we' I mean Jen and I. Jen is this most amazing girl from Australia who was my classmate in school! As God would have it, she's here as a volunteer for Freedom Firm for the next three months! God loves me.
The funny thing(in a very very cool way) is that Jen and I barely talked when we were in school. We were in completely different cliques and didn't know each other all that well but there's just something about being from Hebron. It doesn't matter who you were when you were in school, years later when you meet it's just so easy to talk and then you wonder, "why on earth were we not friends in school??"
The house that I'm staying in is great too. The wonderfully generous lady who's house it is is not in town so I have the house to myself for a couple of days. I thought I was going to be miserable being all by myself but it's actually kinda nice. I'm even taking care of a cat which I have never done before and quite honestly, I'm so much more of a dog-person than a cat-person so I was freaking out about that bit too but I'm (I can't believe I'm saying this) growing kind of fond of her. I feel like I don't have much to give emotionally to any human being at the moment but having a pet is OK :P
I'm also quite happy about the work I will be doing over this next month or so. I have plenty of creative freedom and the people I work with are just so incredible. It's kind of overwhelming sometimes. This is stupid but I sometimes think what on earth did I do to deserve this? Wherever I have worked over the last year, I've had the most amazing co-workers and I've had  so much freedom to learn and grow in the areas that I am good at. It feels so wonderful to have been able to contribute (at Hebron, SISTERS International, Freedom Firm) using the things that I am passionate about and the things that I love doing.
Of course, I don't believe that it's anything to do with 'deserving', it's just a God-thing. Grace is His love-language towards me :) 

1 comment:

Yay, a comment!