[23:26:57] Sonu: you peeps there?
[23:27:22] Tina Nandi: yeah.
[23:27:25] Tina Nandi: hangout?
[23:27:29] Sonu: sure!
[23:27:32] Jo: (emo)
[23:28:02] Sonu: (chuckle)
[23:28:06] Sonu: who's starting it?
[23:28:15] Tina Nandi: (makeup)
[23:28:26] Tina Nandi: hang on, need to put on my make up.
[23:28:28] Tina Nandi: :P
[23:28:41] Jo: (rofl)
[23:28:51] Sonu: (coffee) I'm gonna have some coffee!
[23:28:55] Sonu: (seriously)
[23:28:59] Tina Nandi: lol
[23:29:04] Jo: (rofl)
[23:29:12] Tina Nandi: what ya, why are you getting serious and all?
[23:29:24] Sonu: (shake) Priyanka, some things in life are serious
[23:29:48] Jo: (rofl)
[23:29:50] Tina Nandi: 8-|
[23:30:00] Sonu: |-(
[23:30:09] Jo: (rofl)
[23:30:16] Tina Nandi: (wait)
[23:30:23] Tina Nandi: (smirk)
What would I do without these guys? Seriously. We don't even really have to talk, we just emoticon (Skype emoticons are the BEST!) and it's a good time :P
I'm not in the best of states right now. I'm depressed. Call me a drama queen but there's no other word for it. Packing depresses me because packing generally means moving and I am tired of moving. t.i.r.e.d.
I know, I know. This is becoming an old song of mine on the blog but I can't help it! It's the truth and I don't seem to get used to it.
OK. I'm done whining. In all fairness, I did warn you this would happen again.
Anyway, I realized today that I have officially been living this nomadic life for a year now. It started almost exactly a year ago actually. My parents moved to Botswana and I headed out to Delhi for the wedding of my dear friend Taryn to Peter!
[Happy Anniversary, lovelies!]
And here I am now. One year later.
Still just a college graduate.
Still just as confused about what I should be doing.
Sometimes I'm all passionate about going back to school, getting a Masters, saving the world.
Other times, I just want to be behind my camera and on my laptop, creating, Happy.
And it would seem that in the past year, it's been like these two things have been running neck and neck. I've grown closer to both ideas through the things I've been able to do. Traveling with friends, visiting NGOs and talking to professionals. On the other hand, I've shot my first wedding, I co-designed the school magazine and been the school photographer. And I've loved it all.
So yeah, not sure which one is going to 'win'... But whatever.
I love my life. I don't always like it. And I've had many many instances in this past year where I have wrestled with God and said, "you're really pushing it this time! give me a break!!"
And that, that is the awesome part. The best lesson in the hard and lonely places - God is with me. Constantly. Wherever I go. My eternal spring of Hope. He takes my temper tantrums and always walks me through to the other side where things are not so dark and hard and everything will be better than just OK. Everything will be just dandy.

:) That's so funny. Not your current angst about moving but the feeling of being pulled into two different directions. There are days I want to go charging out to save the world, get an MPH, work up the WHO ladder, head global health programs and put up with all the politics that come with that. But right about now with all this busyness and stuff, I just want a quiet life, evenings with friends, a little garden to muck about in, time to read, write, create and just be peaceful!
ReplyDeleteYaay for someone else being photographed with stressful expressions while video chatting!(Sorry, Jo :P)
ReplyDeleteDon't you worry, my love! I'm right here to empathize with you every step of the way. Also will be waiting for you back in Mumbai for some serious fun.