Thursday, 11 August 2011

A Nice Guy.

Is calling God a 'nice guy' sacrilegious? But I find that language is so hopefully ill-equipped to describe God. And for lack of better words, sometimes I just sigh and think, "Man, God is just such a nice guy". When everything is not perfect but blessings are showered upon me and I can breathe and rest assured in the fact that I am not in control (thank goodness) but God is and He's just a really nice guy who makes the sun to rise and the planets stay on their orbits and the birds to sing and he also just dotes on me in a very personal way. 

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking for the last two weeks. I just remembered my bus journey up to Ooty two weeks ago. I was in tears in the last leg because it was miserable outside and it seemed like I had been on the bus forever and all I had to look forward to was an empty house with a cat waiting to be fed and no idea where my dinner was going to come from. All for what? Why God? When does it get over? 

But the mourning doesn't last forever. Jen and I talked about the story of a man called Lazarus  who was a close friend of Jesus. Lazarus was going to die. Jesus knew this. He could have saved him. But Lazarus died. Jesus wept. He let the sorrow wash over him and he mourned just like Lazarus' family and days passed. But the mourning didn't last forever because Lazarus was restored to life! All in good timing and for good purpose. 

How good to remember that in our own lives when things are pretty awful, right? Right. But I never do. I cry. But Jesus did too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, a comment!