Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Namma Bengaluru?

Ready to leave!
I had such a fun day today and I'm beginning to embrace Bangalore. I was actually thinking yesterday that it's kind of a shame that our house is here but I've never really lived in Bangalore for longer than a few months at a stretch and I really wonder what it would be like. 

No doubt there are things that drive me crazy and topping that list would be Auto drivers... Actually the top of the list is a tie between that and power-cuts. 

But anyway, there's actually a lot to do if you look for it and the buses are getting better and hopefully when the metro finally starts up, connectivity will be much easier.

Also, I love that there are so many trees in Bangalore! Bombay has some. Delhi is a freaking desert. But thankfully, Bangalore still has a-plenty, even though they've cut down a LOT because of the metro and some parts of the city is really a mess...

Anyway, so today I met up with a good friend of mine from my early days out of school. We were in the same German class and became fast friends. We met up at Gloria Jeans Coffees and then went to this army centre where Doris goes to horse-ride once in a while. It was  hard to believe that such a vast and absolutely beautiful expanse of land exists in the middle of the city! I would have loved to have taken a go at riding too but I wasn't appropriately dressed (breeches, boots, and the works!) but anyway I really enjoyed sitting under the shade of a tree and taking in the beauty! I also befriended a little girl... I'm really bad with kids generally but we had some interesting conversation about life and such :P




My little friend for the afternoon! :P
The riders coming back...
Doris, getting ready to climb off..

These little kids were so good!

Don't be fooled by the size of this little boy. He was an expert rider!

Done for the day...
Doesn't she look like a cowgirl? :)


Walking out of the centre around sunset...
Have you ever seen such a clean road in India?
I was seriously tempted to climb this tree!

The horses

The setting sun...

4 comments:

  1. The queen of self-pictures. :)

    The polaroid look of the photos is a nice touch :D.

    But I feel the header looks a tad outta place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks! The polaroid look came with the template and I'm so happy with it! And I love that you can add captions!! And uploading pics is so much easier too!!
    And yeah, I know I'm not feeling the banner either. Just experimenting... It's gonna change. Wait for it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, you changed the banner! What happened to the big, sandy, grainy one? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sharan: You liked it? I liked it, but I just thought it looked freakishly like the banner of some murder mystery or something! :P

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!