We got back to Bangalore on a Kingfisher flight from Pune at 7:20am which meant that we had to wake up pretty early and by the time I got home from the airport, it was almost 12pm. I was pretty tired but I knew I had a bunch of things to get done and if I stopped, that would be it. So D and I chatted for a while, ate lunch and then I headed out… First, I went home to get one of my mom's gorgeous sarees to wear at my cousin's wedding in Calcutta. And then I hit the shops on Commercial Street!! Very uncharacteristic of me; I am not a shopper. But I actually really enjoyed myself yesterday. I don't know what was driving me but I was driven and I walked in and out of at least a dozen shops, browsing and just bought some stuff that I fancied. A set of gorgeous bangles, a kurta, golden kolhapuri chappals, some make-up and a new nose stud! That was actually my main aim for the afternoon. From when I got my nose pierced till now, I've just had the piece of gold wire that the piercing was done with and so I really wanted to get a proper stud. The kind that I've always wanted - a little diamond stud.Of course, I am far from being able to afford a real diamond right now, so I got me a little American diamond and I love it! The cool part was that I could exchange my gold wire for the stud so it took off a considerable amount on the price - even more than I was expecting so I was pretty happy about that!
Tomorrow, I leave for Calcutta on the Duronto Train. It's a non-stop super fast train so I get on at 11am and reach at 4pm the next day. 29 hours. Yikes. When I booked my tickets, I was like, "yeah, I could do with the time to just be alone and do some thinking." But it doesn't sound all that appealing right now and I don't want to think too much because I just make things more complicated than they need to be when I do sometimes! Anyway, I plan on sleeping for at least 10 of those 29 hours. And I'll put some movies on my 'lappie-toppie'. I have a good book to read. Maybe I'll have some good co-passengers to talk to? And I can make a list of all the things that I want to do and eat in Kolkata - Phuchka being No. 1 of course!! I think I should manage to keep my sanity. Hopefully.
Very very pretty!! love you.
ReplyDelete