Thursday, 23 June 2011

Ugh.

I want to not pack. Ever. Again. I can pack to go on a holiday but I am so. sick. of. packing. my. life. I keep doing a little bit and then giving up. But I can't. I can't just stop as much as I would really love to. I am leaving for Pune tomorrow at 11am and I wish it was as simple as that but no, I'm not just packing for a nice short trip to Pune to then come back to Ooty. Oh no, I'm going to Pune and then coming back to Bangalore for a day. And then getting on a train to Kolkata (for a wedding) and then getting on the train to Mumbai. I know. Yes, I did this. And I want to do this and I am grateful for the chance to travel and for all the interesting things that I will be doing but I wish I had a home to come back to. Not boxes and more stuff in limbo. I want to come back to a home. With a bed, ready for me to collapse on. A washing machine to throw all my dirty clothes into. Curtains on windows that I have played a role in picking out. A fridge with food in it. A dining table to sit at and somebody to eat with and share my stories with. I am just so sick of this. 

5 comments:

  1. Soon, soon, soon! Just a few more months, Tina, you will have all this and more! Hang in there. Remember your faith, because I've seen it help you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing but empathy here! I've moved every four months for the last year and about every 8 months for the 4yrs before that! I have learned that packing sucks and I should really stop buying books :P

    Love you! Here's hoping you get your wish soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pick out said dining table. And there will be curtains you picked out. Count on it.
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a time and place for all things while you endure situations some of which are by choice while others happen for a purpose. Unconditional acceptance makes the journey easier. Your personal space and own domain with bed, dining table, curtains........are not very far away - so hang on!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!