Friday, 3 June 2011

Don't Rain On My Parade.

It's tomorrow. My first wedding shoot is tomorrow and all of a sudden I'm FREAKING OUT. I went to their wedding rehearsal this evening (which was beautiful!) and it suddenly started to sink in that this is a HUGE event. One of the most important events of their lives and I have to capture it. Yikes. Thankfully, I won't be the only one shooting there but still there will be certain things that I am solely responsible for and while I love this. This is my passion. This is what I love doing, and without wanting to sound too arrogant, I believe that this is my thing, this is my talent, my gift and I can do this and it's the one thing that when I'm asked to do, I literally jump at the opportunity without hesitation because I know I can do this... within reason. Like NO RAIN and favourable light. OR. An external flash. I'm literally wishing for one of two things to happen between now and tomorrow morning. Either God needs to drop me an external flash from the sky. OR THE SKY HAS TO STOP FREAKING RAINING AND THE SUN NEEDS TO SHINE. He can do that, right? Please, God.

In case neither of those things do happen, because you know, God likes to keep things interesting and challenging sometimes, I don't know... I'm just gonna have to really test my amateurish photographic skills  and hopefully come up with some worthwhile images of their special day.

Minor panic-worthy issues aside though, I'm so excited for these two! They have an amazing story and their life is an amazing testimony to how God is the ultimate story-writer. Carolin has been teaching at Hebron for the last two years and Jon is an ex-student. Their story started long-distance and they are now getting married; less than a year later! The wedding is going to be held at school in the Sports Hall which has been simply but beautifully decorated for the occasion. It's going to be beautiful.

Wish me luck, and pray with me for the rain to go away just for a couple of hours tomorrow morning! 

I'm going to do some research on Jasmine Star's website and see if she's ever had to do deal with manic monsoon weather. 
Carolin + Jon coming soon...

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Tina!!! I'll pray for good lighting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I need to mention how excited I am for you? And how my heart fluttered at the `coming soon?` Just like all the gurus we'vẹ/I've been stalking!

    All the very best, my lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best, Piu!! Looking forward to the wonderful pictures. :)

    Oh and, "Carolin + Jon coming soon..."- written like a true professional :D

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!