...is a block of concrete outside my back door. And I am sitting on it, with my cup of Earl Grey tea (ah! the luxuries of life!), a packet of cream crackers (Favourites. They somehow remind me of being a kid in Zambia.) and a book (which I will hopefully finish!)!
I spent the whole day in Coimbatore yesterday, working with the printers who are going to be printing our school magazine. It was a long day and by the time we got back up the hill it was 11pm so I'm taking it easy this morning and not going in to school until a little later. I thought I might sleep in because I've been so bad lately at getting to bed at a decent hour but then I was half awake by 7am which is when the wake-up bell for the girls goes and then John called and I came out to my back door and realised that the clouds have disappeared! And it's only right to take advantage of that, right? It couldn't have done this on the day of the wedding of course. Life. But anyway, it was still a blast and so much better than I thought it was going to be with the lighting and stuff. One of these days I need to sit down and write down all the stuff I learnt from shooting that wedding before I forget. When I look through them now, there are so many things that I know I would do differently next time (and hopefully there will be a next time!) In the meantime however, I am dreaming of fast-lenses for low-light photography. No really, I actually dreamt about it last night. I think I'm gonna be one of those who tries everything else before trying a flash. Ohhh, it excites me how much I still have to learn in this awesome and amazing field!!
Here are some shots I took while practising with Rohan's 70-300mm lens.
I spent the whole day in Coimbatore yesterday, working with the printers who are going to be printing our school magazine. It was a long day and by the time we got back up the hill it was 11pm so I'm taking it easy this morning and not going in to school until a little later. I thought I might sleep in because I've been so bad lately at getting to bed at a decent hour but then I was half awake by 7am which is when the wake-up bell for the girls goes and then John called and I came out to my back door and realised that the clouds have disappeared! And it's only right to take advantage of that, right? It couldn't have done this on the day of the wedding of course. Life. But anyway, it was still a blast and so much better than I thought it was going to be with the lighting and stuff. One of these days I need to sit down and write down all the stuff I learnt from shooting that wedding before I forget. When I look through them now, there are so many things that I know I would do differently next time (and hopefully there will be a next time!) In the meantime however, I am dreaming of fast-lenses for low-light photography. No really, I actually dreamt about it last night. I think I'm gonna be one of those who tries everything else before trying a flash. Ohhh, it excites me how much I still have to learn in this awesome and amazing field!!
Here are some shots I took while practising with Rohan's 70-300mm lens.
Your photographs are amazing! I wish I had a good photographer for my wedding - someone who knew me and what I wanted! sigh!
ReplyDeleteHa, ha on the photo of the magazine!
ReplyDelete