Sunday, 15 May 2011

Rouge

Been a while since I had time and/or interest and/or energy to blog about my life! Not that there hasn’t been anything to blog about, but I just haven’t been able to get myself to firstly, get the pictures off my camera, and secondly deal with (very) moody internet connection!
Well it’s a Sunday morning, I’m awake and have a few hours before I head out to Church so let me update you on… just yesterday!
It’s been a good weekend, I haven’t had to do any school magazine related work which I am grateful for. As much as I love doing it, work is still work and gets a bit tedious sometimes, so a break is good-times! Anyway, so I spent most of my morning yesterday with my dorm girls who I absolutely love to bits! And then in the afternoon we went over to the house of one of the day student girls’ for lunch and some fun with their horses! They have the most beautiful house I have ever seen. No kidding. It’s secluded deep within the woods, and looks over the valley and the house has big windows and french doors all around - it’s just incredible and I found myself being wistful for that sense of “settled-ness” and peace. You know, having a house that’s a home and being able to invite people over and sharing it with them. Or even just settling down to a cup of tea on the verandah and watching the sunset, drowning out the frenzy of the day or just life in general…
So that was a nice experience and I love those people too - they just make me happy! And then, in the evening, I headed over to school with the other IGs, and girls from Std.10 and up for a Student Council organised event called the Jazz Café. If I remember correctly, it was our class that started the Jazz Café and was a small event with the aim of letting everyone come for an evening of relaxing music and socializing. And that’s what it was - of course, with every year, each Student Council wants to make it bigger and better and bigger and better it was! They did such a fantastic job of decorating and creating an atmosphere of actually being in a pub with a live band and mocktails at the bar, crackers and vege-sticks with dips, waffles and brownies at the tables. It was beautiful! 
Becky and I waiting for the others to come out for a group picture!
The silly group picture :P Sammi, Becky, Me, Lucy and Hannah.
Look at that backdrop!
Yummies at the table! Hummus, Thousand Island and carrot sticks.
Member of the awesome band striking a pose!
At the bar.
I got to enter before everyone else was allowed with the excuse of taking photos! Love it.
Frenzy behind the bar!
Malcolm and Hannah eating Kimbab!
Sammi! :)
Becky and her brother, Dan catching up.
Std. 10's playing a card game.
And... my favourite roomie in the whole wide world :)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. I can't believe the students pulled this off. It looks spectacular! I love the shot of Bushy and co at the bar...you can feel the frenzied activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, how about a picture of the most beautiful house you've ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY photos, Piu! Also, is that dress you're wearing the same as the one you danced in, with John? :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!