Monday, 23 May 2011

Musu Musu Haasi

It's been such a beautiful weekend! And thank goodness for that, cause last week was just all kinds of nasty. It was one of those weeks when I seemed to have tears ready to burst forth from my eyes at any moment. Especially when somebody showed me some kindness or asked if I was doing okay. I know, I'm funny that way. But anyway, I've had an awesome weekend and here are a few things that I am grateful for:
*The IG girls: They are so sweet and considerate! Sometime last week, after a bad day, they went out and got some treats to cheer me up and we put on face masks and just vegged out together. It was just what I needed!
*My dorm girls: I remember being a 13/14 year old and it wasn't easy and somehow finding a way to relate to these girls hasn't been easy either but I think it just takes time and so I'm glad that I stayed on and was able to give it that time. I absolutely love them!
*New music: John sent me a gift certificate on iTunes so I bought a couple of new songs and new music always makes me happy! . Amongst my newest obsessions in the music world is another Brandon Heath (the other guy :P)song called Leaving Eden, Jimmy Needham - Firefly, Third Day - Medley and Gene Kelly - Singin' in the Rain
*My Sony MP3 player... It's pink and has great sound and the battery lasts forever and I just love being able to plug it in and drowning out the world when I need to
*Jazzercise: I love it! And am even considering getting trained to become an instructor at some point. It's nice to have finally found a form of exercise that doesn't bore me to death or just feel like a tedious and painful task. In today's class, our instructor commented that everyone in the class this morning was either as fit as her or fitter! You should see her, that's a major compliment coming from a woman as fit as she is!!
*Friends: Sometimes at night, when I'm lying in bed and just reviewing the day, I'm blown away by the variety of people I have in my life. Not just the people I work with but even people outside of Hebron, and from life before Hebron. I'm so blessed!
*Travel: A trip to Calcutta and then Bombay in just over a month coming up!! Can barely wait! I have tickets and everything. It's gonna be long long hours of train journeys but I'm actually really looking forward to that too! It'll be nice to be "nowhere" for a while.
*Technology: Having parents who live in Africa and a boyfriend who lives in North America and close friends who are scattered on all the other continents isn't exactly an ideal life situation but I am grateful for technology (when it works!!!) and at least we don't have to rely on snail mail, right? Yeah, I should really count my blessings!
*The beginning of the end of tourist season! I won't lie, I resent the presence of all these tourists because they come, leave a mess and leave. I am so glad that the flower show is over and they'll all be heading back to where they came from soon and we can have peaceful and a generally un-littered Ooty back!
These roses adorn the pathway into Selborne. So beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I love your list. Being thankful is the best remedy!

    And I second the thanks for MP3 players! Best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!