Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Caught!

Was just rummaging through my photo archives to find something for Hebron Highlights and I stumbled upon this! Taken on Hebron Sports Day - my first photographic assignment for school after I got my camera and one of the students (who is also an enthusiast like me!) took this one. I love it.

Been a tiring day at school. I've ceased going to any classes because I've been working on the school yearbook and I hate breaking the flow of it. CorelDraw is teaching me a LOT. The process usually goes like this. Blank page with lots of material to insert. Idea in head of how to arrange. Plug in music. No idea how to make CorelDraw turn idea into reality. Trial and error. Trial and error. Stare at computer screen in frustration. Ask CorelDraw "why?! why do you that?!". Sigh and stare at screen some more. Trial and error. Revelation!! (call me a nerd, but these are the sweetest moments of my work) And then get carried away. Forget to save (you know how that goes, right?) But then I know how to do it, and starting over takes less time than the trial and error phase!  Anyway it's fun but the problem is we have a deadline to meet in order to get the magazine printed in time and it's not very far away :S On top of that, I've also been working on designing a brochure for a teenage-girls conference in August. It's been fun but as with photography, design always has me wishing for more... a variety of camera equipment, a faster laptop, more software... What have I gotten myself into?

Anyway, for now... I'm enjoying the process and next weekend, I am shooting at a wedding! How exciting is that?! It's kind of nerve-wracking though. Not because the bride is especially demanding or anything like that but because from the time I learnt about blogs and photography websites, I have gasped over the beauty of hundreds of images by the likes of Jasmine Star and Lauren Larsen and I want mine to be as good as that! But this is just the beginning right? (I hope so anyway!) You gotta start somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to be as good, if not better, than them!
    I can see it in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just made my day, Sonu! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!