| Today was Mrs. George's birthday! |
| And the kitchen staff made her this massive cake in the form of an "English Cottage" |
| Stephen and Nisha came up to surprise her! L-R: Mr G, Michael, Mrs. G, Nisha, Stephen and Suzan |
| And then one of the Hebron families gave us a treat for afternoon tea in the Staff Room! |
| Gear for trekking at Avalanche this weekend! |
It's 11:20pm. Sigh. No matter how much I resolve to go bed early, it just never happens. I just packed my rucksack to go away this weekend. It's been a long long time since the last time I did this but I am soooooo excited about it! In my school years, I'd been on a couple of expeditions and even though they were hard and I remember walking in the dark, cold, rain and getting lost, I also remember the sense of achievement that you experience when you finally reach your campsite, set up the tent, cook your dinner and oh sleeping in a tent... Nothing like it.
This weekend I am accompanying, along with three staff members, the girls in my dorm on their first practice trek for the International Award for Young People or something like that. In my day we just called it Duke of Edinburgh and basically you have to complete some specific tasks (including an expedition) in order to get the award and there are three levels - Bronze, Silver and Gold. I did Bronze and Silver and I wish I could have done Gold but didn't have enough time to finish it. But anyway, I loved it and I am so grateful for the experience and the things that I learnt from it. And I'm sure this weekend will teach me a lot too!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!