Sunday, 3 April 2011

Twice the Party!!

Last night was one heck of a night! Possibly one of my most memorable nights of this year. It was the Student Council Event - "Pirate Party" and the ICC World Cup Finals - India vs. Sri Lanka. It’s not often that you get to be in two places that you really want to be at once but it happened last night. Half of my heart was in Mumbai, cheering Team India on and the other half at the Pirate Party cause man, what a party it was! As a student I’d been to many of these events and even helped organise two in my final year of school as part of the SC committee but last night’s is probably the event that will stay etched in my memory for a long time! I suppose the cricket had a lot to do with it too. They managed to organise for the match to be projected on the wall during the event so we were all up there cheering for India (mostly - there a few strays cheering for Sri Lanka! :P), gasping at the loss of every wicket, screaming at every boundary - it was so fun! When we won the semis I was quite concerned about the finals being on Saturday during the event because I really wanted to watch it but it turned out to be so perfect cause it’s all the more fun when you’re watching it with a bunch of students; especially those crazy A’levels! :)

The event was wrapped up by around 10pm and most of the student body had to leave but the match went on and the few of us left were pretty much glued to the screen. 94 from 97 balls. 55 from 55 balls. So close, and everybody’s watching with baited breath. And then in the last 3 overs, FOUR! FOUR! But you can still never tell with cricket… Anything could still happen so nobody dared to start celebrating and then it was down to 4 from 11 balls and we hit a SIX! Awesome. Love it. What a way to end the match with a bang! We yelled till that sixer hit the ground and then we yelled some more cause INDIA WON THE WORLD CUP!!!

Best night ever. 
What can I say?


Crazy boys.
Sammi! :)
Great atmosphere.
Girls performing a Taylor Swift song

"Arrrrrrr!" :)

Some awesome performances!

All aboard!

Partay!
The last few balls!! 

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I wish I could have watched the match live too!! Checking the score on the internet is not as much fun! Antu texted me though, so I felt like I was...there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SO much fun, Tina!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!