I don’t know if I’m just consciously more aware of this and in the past I’ve just failed to recognise it but for the last few weeks I’ve noticed that everyday, something special happens. Everyday. And now I’m beginning to get excited about it. It’s like God’s giving me a lesson on trust -trusting His goodness. Everyday, there’s a treat hidden that I have no clue about and I can trust that He won’t disappoint me.
Today’s treat was a conversation with a grandfather. Let me explain a little bit. It’s Parent’s Week at Hebron which is a special time for all parents of the students to come to school and see a bit of their kids’ lives. Everyday has a special programme and they can meet with teachers, dormparents, etc. So there are a lot of people around and over the last couple of days I’ve talked to a few parents but today I talked to a grandfather... I’ve had some association with two of his grandkids - one was a star performer in the play I directed last term and the other is a student in Star Class. But anyway, he didn’t actually know this and that’s not how or why we got talking. I was on my way back to Selborne after lunch, planning to take a nap and then a shower but here was this man, sitting and reading under a tree. I knew who he was because I know his daughter pretty well and today at lunch time she asked me if I had met him and so here was my opportunity to introduce myself so I went up to him and said, “hey, there’s a picture of you up on the noticeboard” (because I’ve been doing a lot of photography over the last couple of days and today I put up a display of some of them and he happened to be in one of my favourite shots!) And then what was supposed to be a two minute introduction turned into a two hour long conversation and it was just so special. He had some amazing stories to tell and he listened to me and encouraged me and I eventually continued on my walk back to Selborne feeling blessed and again, amazed by God’s goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!