Monday, 25 April 2011

Love can turn the world!

If coal can turn to diamonds,
And sand can turn to pearls,
If a worm can turn into a butterfly,
Then love can turn the world,
Ooh, love can turn the world!


So true, right?! It's one of the songs that this amazing choir called Glorious performed at a concert at St. Stephen's Church on Saturday! I love how blatantly true the lyrics are. Humans are such idiots sometimes. Why are we so lacking in faith? Why do we find it so hard to break the mould and believe in impossible things? Especially when there's evidence all around us! I think we should never stop being filled by wonder by the little things, they speak much more about life than anyone can teach us.

I've had the most amazing day today. It started off with a nice, relaxed phone conversation with John. He's a busy man, so my heart literally soars when I get even a fraction of his time :) And then I had a nice breakfast, changed and made my way over to school for some meetings. I know, right? I feel so professional when I say that, "I had a meeting today." La di dah. Anyway, so lately I've been taking care of pretty much all of the photographic work required at school and also I'm working on designing the school magazine using software that I am literally starting from scratch with. It's like learning to communicate in a whole new language. Completely new territory for me, except for my ICT classes in Std. 10 in which I was the only girl. I don't know how I survived that. Okay, fine... The guys were pretty nice to me so it wasn't that hard but anyway, I remember that class because we had four big assignments and the ones I enjoyed the most were 1) DTP in which we had to design and publish a magazine and I had chosen to create an African travel magazine and the front cover was an image of Victoria Falls. Go figure. Africa was home for me then and Victoria Falls was and probably still is the most amazing natural wonder I have ever seen. 2) Website designing in which I took it upon myself to design a fan website for Norah Jones who was, at that time, my favourite musician. And one day, while we were busy working on our websites, our teacher, walked passed my workspace, leaned over my shoulder looking at my screen and said, "is that a website you're looking up online? Or is that your website?" I turned around and shyly admitted that it was mine and he beamed at me, called all the boys over and showed it off for me. I will never forget that. That was a good day, one for the book, just like today...

Today, I met with two amazing women who want me to do some publishing design for them and it was just wonderful. They know I'm an amateur, but it's so incredible to me and so humbling to know that they're willing to trust me and give me a chance. And I'm constantly amazed by how things work out.

Impossible things happen.

To sign off, here are some pictures!

The first one, I had actually posted a few days ago because I was just so excited about it, and then I realised John helped me to realise that I probably should have checked that it was okay with her to post that picture, so I asked her today and she graciously said, "sure! no problem!" and so I'm posting it again, because I just love it!

The second is one of my favourite shots from our Saturday outing down to Masinagudi....


The third one, for good measure, is just because I get complaints that since I'm always behind the camera, there are never any pictures of me. So in case, you were beginning to forget what I look like... Here I am with one of the girls in my dorm.



2 comments:

Yay, a comment!