Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Those Pampered IGs!

We really are pampered good around here. On Monday morning, to celebrate Miriam's birthday we went over to Rejoice's (my roomie) parents' to cook a brunch of sausages, eggs and toast and then in the evening, we had yummy mutton biriyani (and various other things, including chocolate cake!) at the Georges and this evening, we had dinner with Rejoice and her family and it was delicious Korean food, which I LOVE! See what I mean? Lots of pampering, and mostly in the form of food! Hebron food is always improving - like today, I was well, impressed with the "sausages and chicken stew" lunch they served us at school!
 
In other news, today we saw those beautiful BLUE skies finally! It started clearing up last night actually... I had gone up to Brighton to visit the Azus and the power went out momentarily and we stepped out of the house and looked up at an awesomely black night sky, twinkling with a thousand stars! Oh, how I have missed this sky! After school today, Anu, Miriam and I caught the bus back to Selborne and took out a sleeping bag to the lawn and just lay there, soaking up the brilliant sun and daydreaming. We were talking about our "happy places" - you know, a place in your mind that you like to go to when things aren't going so great? And I realised that I was pretty close to my "happy place" actually. Green grass, a clear blue sky, tall trees, no ugly buildings and a picnic. I went there often when I lived in Bombay - in my mind. And now I'm here - in real life.
 
I wished I had taken my camera out but anyway, hopefully this weather will stick around for a while and I'll try and take some photos to show you what I'm talking about.
 
Drama is going well... We have our next rehearsal tomorrow and I was reading through our script again this evening and it's quite good, if I might say so myself! :P And I am super excited about it! (I've already said this, haven't I?) Yesterday, I went up to the famed Props Cupboard which is basically an attic full of costumes, backdrops and all manners of trinkets like old fashioned telephones, a million different kinds of hats, jewellery, etc and digged around for stuff to use for the play. I can't say I loved that though because it's quite musty and hot up there and it's full of trunks which need to be lifted and moved and takes a lot of time but I did find some useful stuff and the job of costumes has been kindly taken up by somebody else so I'm all good!
 
I'm learning a lot in DEL too... I think this is an area that I actually love. Jo and I did something similar when we volunteered at a school in Bombay but here I get to work on a one-to-one basis and have to plan what I'm going to do, take control, make records, etc and it's really stimulating. Last week I felt a little lost and wasn't sure if I was really helping but I'm finding my way around and learning to use the resources which are great!
 
Anyway, that's about all for now!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. yippee for happy places! glad you found yours in real life!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!