Whoa, I just looked at my 101 in 1001 list (which still needs some help, btw) and apparently I just crossed 4 more things off there which is pretty amazing because I wrote many of these with mustard-seed-sized faith but look what is happening!
#31 Second shoot with two professional wedding photographers
I was under the impression that I had written "Second shoot three weddings" so I was waiting for that to happen until I completed #31 but apparently I should have crossed it off three weeks ago when I shot that wedding with Mark! Anyway, I second shot my THIRD wedding yesterday so that makes it two with Mark and one with Claude. TWO amazing professional wedding photographers and I have loved every minute of the experience!
#35 Purchase a tripod
Okay, this one should get half a strike only because really the tripod I have is third-hand and not an excellent one which I am told is one of the mistakes that photographers make in the beginning :/ In my defense though, I wasn't looking to buy it when I bought it. Friends of mind were leaving the country and they were getting rid of some of there stuff so I picked up this tripod just as a temporary solution to try out some stuff. I fully intend to buy a good one just as soon as I can afford it! In the meantime, I will be super careful with this one and super grateful too :)
#41 Meet an online friend/blogger friend in real life!
Her name is Jenny and she found my blog while searching for photographs of Bangalore! She is new to Bangalore and is looking to meet people with similar interests in the city. We met last Saturday and are hoping to meet again this week. So unexpected, so appreciated.
#44 Make 5 photographer friends in Bangalore and meet them.
So needed. As much as I understand the concern of well-wishing friends and relatives who love to give me career advice on why I should consider doing other things, I really can't be grateful enough for other photographers who are crazy enough also to choose to do what they LOVE. Nobody quite gets it like they do.
To end with a picture courtesy of Robert Stephens
Happy Monday all!
#31 Second shoot with two professional wedding photographers
I was under the impression that I had written "Second shoot three weddings" so I was waiting for that to happen until I completed #31 but apparently I should have crossed it off three weeks ago when I shot that wedding with Mark! Anyway, I second shot my THIRD wedding yesterday so that makes it two with Mark and one with Claude. TWO amazing professional wedding photographers and I have loved every minute of the experience!
#35 Purchase a tripod
Okay, this one should get half a strike only because really the tripod I have is third-hand and not an excellent one which I am told is one of the mistakes that photographers make in the beginning :/ In my defense though, I wasn't looking to buy it when I bought it. Friends of mind were leaving the country and they were getting rid of some of there stuff so I picked up this tripod just as a temporary solution to try out some stuff. I fully intend to buy a good one just as soon as I can afford it! In the meantime, I will be super careful with this one and super grateful too :)
#41 Meet an online friend/blogger friend in real life!
Her name is Jenny and she found my blog while searching for photographs of Bangalore! She is new to Bangalore and is looking to meet people with similar interests in the city. We met last Saturday and are hoping to meet again this week. So unexpected, so appreciated.
#44 Make 5 photographer friends in Bangalore and meet them.
So needed. As much as I understand the concern of well-wishing friends and relatives who love to give me career advice on why I should consider doing other things, I really can't be grateful enough for other photographers who are crazy enough also to choose to do what they LOVE. Nobody quite gets it like they do.
To end with a picture courtesy of Robert Stephens
![]() |
| Cara and I taking a breather during an intense day of shooting for Wilbur Sargunaraj's film Simple Superstar That's my I'm-awkward-because-the-camera-is-in-front-of-me face. Don't you love it? |
Happy Monday all!

Cara madam smiles more in real life, promise!
ReplyDelete- Anomoulous
I do, I do love that face! Also because I own that face, too. A rose between your teeth in such situations is handy.
ReplyDelete