Life is good. Been really busy with designing and getting ready to set up my website! It is far from being ready for launch but I am thoroughly enjoying the process. I'm also teaching myself some HTML coding alongside (CSS and jQuery next perhaps?) and what do you know, I LOVE that too!
There's something about seeing bits of nonsensical-looking code turn into an actual webpage that fills me with excitement and makes me want to clap for joy. Weird. But I am discovering all sorts of things about myself that I never knew. Sometimes I wonder where I might have been if I had known these things earlier? Would I have gone to design school instead? Been a graphic/web designer? Been more ambitious?
Not that I have any regrets at all (and don't worry, I'm not changing my mind about photography. My heart is very much there still!) and I am sure that I would never have discovered these things (and dare I say, talents or at the very least abilities) if I hadn't been down the path that I have been down to get here. I just wonder about these things sometimes. When I am learning HTML and what tags like "br" and "em" mean, it sticks in my head in ways that I wish Economics did when I studying for that exam that I almost never passed! :P
Let me say again though, that I have no regrets. I wouldn't change anything. I think it's good to "fail", and experience things that don't always suit you. If anything, they bring you closer to where you should be and the foundation is just that much stronger. I am incredibly grateful that I have the chance to do those things now. There's peace and satisfaction in doing what you love. I am currently in that place.
The road ahead is full of exciting possibilities.
So life is not perfect, but it is good.
Have a beautiful week!
Source: hautemamasfaves.tumblr.com via Trina on Pinterest
There's something about seeing bits of nonsensical-looking code turn into an actual webpage that fills me with excitement and makes me want to clap for joy. Weird. But I am discovering all sorts of things about myself that I never knew. Sometimes I wonder where I might have been if I had known these things earlier? Would I have gone to design school instead? Been a graphic/web designer? Been more ambitious?
Not that I have any regrets at all (and don't worry, I'm not changing my mind about photography. My heart is very much there still!) and I am sure that I would never have discovered these things (and dare I say, talents or at the very least abilities) if I hadn't been down the path that I have been down to get here. I just wonder about these things sometimes. When I am learning HTML and what tags like "br" and "em" mean, it sticks in my head in ways that I wish Economics did when I studying for that exam that I almost never passed! :P
Let me say again though, that I have no regrets. I wouldn't change anything. I think it's good to "fail", and experience things that don't always suit you. If anything, they bring you closer to where you should be and the foundation is just that much stronger. I am incredibly grateful that I have the chance to do those things now. There's peace and satisfaction in doing what you love. I am currently in that place.
The road ahead is full of exciting possibilities.
So life is not perfect, but it is good.
Have a beautiful week!
Source: hautemamasfaves.tumblr.com via Trina on Pinterest

No comments:
Post a Comment
Yay, a comment!