Friday, 15 June 2012

Life is whoa.

I am currently reviewing images from a wedding I second-shot with the amazing Mark Swaroop. I can barely truly believe it. I've been a fan of Mark's wedding photography for a long long time now. I have spent a good amount of time viewing every single album on his website and yesterday I shot a wedding with the genius-man. Um, whose life is this anyway?!

The wedding was at Iskon temple and reception at Windsor Manor and I had a gala-time asking Mark a million questions, learning and shooting.

I shot with my own camera (Canon 500D) but was free to experiment with Mark's lenses and so learnt for the first time to use a tilt-shift lens which I fell in love with. It's like free-lensing without the fear of dropping your lens or letting muck into your camera. Amazing little lens and such cool effects!

While I look forward to having my own wedding assignments, the experience from second-shooting is so priceless and I am so grateful for it. I'm getting to experiment with different kinds of equipment and in an environment of relatively low stress with a pro having my back. It's really so much more awesome than I imagined it would be. I am also so so humbled by the fact that there are photographers in this big, 'bad', competitive world who are willing to help! Mark patiently answered every single one of my questions and gave helpful inputs and feedback and every point and it was the same with Claude and Neil when I shot with them a few weeks ago.

Peeps, if I ever get snobby and unhelpful and constantly talk about how cool and popular I am and forget to be humble, kick me in the backside and remind me to give back, okay? It's my biggest worry. I never ever want to become that kind of a person.

(Speaking of 'worry', this is my current favourite song at the moment. Age of Worry by John Mayer)




I am grateful beyond words for being able to do this. To be a photographer. It's what I love to do and sometimes I can't believe that I am doing it and honestly I could not have made even half of this happen by myself. It's all grace and perfect timing.

Will have to wait a while before I can show you pics from the wedding but here's an experimental shot using the tilt-shift lens!


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa indeed! What an incredible effect. I checked it out without my glasses too!

    And don't worry about becoming a snob. I can't imagine someone who feels and writes so much about gratitude ever falling into that hole. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! tis cool, no? one more lens to add to my I um ever expanding wish list:/

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I landed on this page but Mark is a friend's friend's friend and you are a friend's friend's friend haha. I had the chance of talking to and watching Mark's friend (who runs DCAM http://www.dcamproductions.com) take photos of my friend's wedding and it was amazing what he could do even without all his gear.

    Small world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well thanks for dropping by, Anonymous :) It does seem like a very small world sometimes.

      Delete

Yay, a comment!