* I finally got my copy of 'Quiet' by Susan Cain and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I watched Susan Cain's Tedtalk some weeks back and completely related to what she was talking about. The book is so insightful and helpful for both introverts and extroverts because even if you're not an introvert yourself, you're likely really close to one. As an introvert myself, the immense amount of research and knowledge in this book is so liberating. Thank you, Susan Cain!
* I feel a lot more confident behind the wheel. I'm still making mistakes and not as smooth as I'd like to be and the traffic and freaking-stupid-ridiculous (I'm trying really hard not to swear here) speed bumps EVERYWHERE make me nervous, so nervous in fact that sometimes I'd rather not drive. But then I think about how essential it is for me to be able to do this in order to cut down my interaction with auto-drivers and boom! there I am behind the wheel, trying really hard to be the best driver I can be!
* Sharan Ranjit, one of my partners from our motley photo-taking group 36Pictures and I made our way to Lalbagh and then had the most wonderful adventure following some yellow friends to a big religious festival in the vicinity. It was crazily crowded and busy and we walked through the tiniest lanes and found ourselves in the middle of chaos and loudness. It was also possibly the most alive I have felt all week!
* I finished designing the SISTERS 2012 Conference brochures. In case you don't know about SISTERS, it's this amazing little organisation based in Ooty that organises yearly conferences for teenage girls from schools around the Nilgiris. At the conference we talk about different issues that teenage girsl generally would be struggling with, organise workshops on a large variety of topics led by experts from around the country, talk about social justice and how we can make a difference and generally have a whole weekend full of fun!
* I am excited about the future. This week, I have learnt that I need to stop worrying. I need to stop waiting for answers and certainty. I need to just put my head down and work hard. I need to trust. I need to keep loving what I love doing and do it simply because I love doing it. Not for accolade. Not for fame. Not for money. I need to use it to bless others. I need to be responsible, respectful and gracious in how I use it.
Phew. I've learnt a lot of things this week. What about you?
Have a great week, ya'll!


Felt pretty darn alive reading this. I love how you're writing more and more of thoughts here; I love the events too, but the thoughts that stem from them are so precious.
ReplyDelete