Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Hope Stones.

Finally. A day of rest. Although there is much dhobi to be sorted before the kids start arriving tomorrow!
The days have been full and exhausting. Just like the beginning of last term was overwhelming in so many ways, the beginning of this term has been much the same. New people. New roles. New challenges.
But you know, God is good! And He loves His children and He takes care of them and He has taken care of me. Niru being here through this past week has been an absolute blessing. Things are always changing and it can be rather overwhelming and I sometimes am scared that I’ll cease to belong anywhere so it was good to have Niru around. Niru, my constant friend. She’s been there unfailingly to catch me when I fall, when I lose faith and hope and stop believing in myself. She’s been there to keep me accountable and been there to open my eyes to the reality. Niru’s a keeper!
I know that being back at Hebron for the past week has been a real blessing to her too. Hebron is 'home' to both of us in many ways and we did a lot of things just for “old time’s sake” like eating Korean noodles straight from the pot, lying out on the road and sky-gazing, walking up to the reservoir… and we did a lot of new things too!
On the weekend, another of our classmates - Alisha came up to see us. She’s studying in Coimbatore which is about a 4 hour drive down the hill from Ooty. We did some catching up over dinner and then Niru and I slept over where Alisha was putting up for the night. That was fun and it was good to see Alisha again...
So I’ve been blessed. Richly. And I’m looking forward with all my heart and soul and oh, my entire being to this new month. This new term at school. I’m looking forward to all the challenges (and I know there will be many!). All the joys and sorrows. All the opportunities. All the 'firsts'…
It’s gonna be good. Of course it’s gonna be so good!

It’s February!

*1 day till the kids get back!
*10 days till I see dada and D!
*10 days till I travel to Calcutta!
*11 days till I see my favourite aunt on my dad’s side! ;)
*12 days till I’m 1 year older (and wiser?)
*26 days till I get to sit next to John. Not opposite him on a computer screen, two oceans away. Right. next. to. him.
Psalm 116:7 Be at rest once more O my soul for the Lord has been good to you

.

3 comments:

  1. February is the best month of the year. Its a fact. Only the awesomest people are born in February. And only the awesomest things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina!

    I dont know if you'll remember me. I worked at Hebron for the last 3 months of your schooling there. You might prolly know me better as Niru's 'Pachechi' . Anyway, you have a lovely blog here. I will be coming here more often now because I love hearing about whats happening at dear old Hebron!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!