...at Hebron is great. The students don't understand it sometimes ("why would you come back?!?!") but I love it here and I feel useful here and wanted here.
The boarders all came back yesterday and it was pretty busy... I live right next door to the Std. 9 dorm (which is the dorm that I support) and it was just so nice watching them come back and run into each other's arms and hearing them talk/squeal excitedly and then after a while it all turns into moaning about actually being back and how it's so long until the next holiday! But the point is that they're all in it together and they all understand and are on the same page (most of the time, anyway!) and what fun to be living and going to school with your friends everyday, right?! I know that I felt that way! The best part about coming back was meeting all your friends and there's all this excited banter and hugs and "oh you have to see my new dress/camera/shoes/whatever!!" and the unpacking and the exhaustedness of travelling and the oncoming feeling of doom at the undeniable fact of going back to school and classes and homework, etc... Oh, the first day back was always the BEST!
The first day of classes? Meh, maybe not so much when you're a student and I'm not sure about the other staff but I loved today! It was so good to go back and see all my Star Class kiddoes. They all shared about their holidays today and did some painting and gosh, they're just so cute... and so... little! It's amazing to think about how each of them are actually people waiting to bloom, you know? I mean, they all have personalities already and they're each different and unique but nothing is set in stone for them yet and they're just full of possibilities and potential! I guess that's how it should be though... for all of us, and at any point in our lives. No matter how old you are, you still have the rest of your life to LIVE and it's never too late for anything.
The boarders all came back yesterday and it was pretty busy... I live right next door to the Std. 9 dorm (which is the dorm that I support) and it was just so nice watching them come back and run into each other's arms and hearing them talk/squeal excitedly and then after a while it all turns into moaning about actually being back and how it's so long until the next holiday! But the point is that they're all in it together and they all understand and are on the same page (most of the time, anyway!) and what fun to be living and going to school with your friends everyday, right?! I know that I felt that way! The best part about coming back was meeting all your friends and there's all this excited banter and hugs and "oh you have to see my new dress/camera/shoes/whatever!!" and the unpacking and the exhaustedness of travelling and the oncoming feeling of doom at the undeniable fact of going back to school and classes and homework, etc... Oh, the first day back was always the BEST!
The first day of classes? Meh, maybe not so much when you're a student and I'm not sure about the other staff but I loved today! It was so good to go back and see all my Star Class kiddoes. They all shared about their holidays today and did some painting and gosh, they're just so cute... and so... little! It's amazing to think about how each of them are actually people waiting to bloom, you know? I mean, they all have personalities already and they're each different and unique but nothing is set in stone for them yet and they're just full of possibilities and potential! I guess that's how it should be though... for all of us, and at any point in our lives. No matter how old you are, you still have the rest of your life to LIVE and it's never too late for anything.
Love the thought of living and seizing the present moment to be happy and grow as a human. Love you.
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling! I'm always excited about my kids the first day back after holidays. Teaching at a regular(?) school is so different from teaching at a boarding school. At Hebron the teachers almost play the role of parents in the lives of their students.
ReplyDeleteI'm in London right now, and I went to watch Wicked the musical right now. I can't explain how much I missed you when Defying gravity was sung.
ReplyDeleteYour posts make me feel close to you, no matter where or how far I am. I love you.