You could say that I sort of grew up in the hills. I lived in Ooty for five years and maybe it grew on me or maybe I just naturally have a thing for the hills but basically I love the hills and I love hiking up the hills and finding a spot where you look around and see the hills all around you...
In Mussoorie, there are a couple of places that tourists generally go to and while we wanted to see as much as possible, transport around Mussoorie is really expensive so it came down to picking between Lal Tibba, which is supposedly the highest peak in Mussoorie, and Kempty Falls... I was all for Lal Tibba because you're apparently supposed to be able to see the Himalayas from Lal Tibba and I am super fascinated by the Himalayas and can't wait for the day that I can go trekking there (it's gonna happen!) Anyway, I don't think we actually saw the Himalayas from Lal Tibba but they were there, in that general direction and maybe it is possible to see if the visibility is better (see what I mean, even places like Mussoorie don't have clean air anymore...) but nevertheless, it was a fantastic experience... Vini, Jo, Sharan and I hiked up the hill a little bit and would have loved to have gone on but our taxi would only wait for half an hour but it was still a lot of fun!
Hey Tina, I have been lurking around for a long long time. (came to your old blog via Sharan's)
ReplyDeleteYour posts are warm, and I love your style.
Write more.
Thanks! Keep reading :)
ReplyDelete