Friday, 13 April 2012

Do what you oh-so love to do.

Some weeks back, I found this saying on Pinterest: "Do what you oh-so love to do". Now while I admit that Pinterest probably shouldn't be seen as the ultimate source of wisdom and answers to life, there is some pretty inspirational stuff on there that you can't help but appreciate. And I think what I love more is the fact that since someone else thought that thought, uploaded it and hundreds of other pinned it, it must mean that all those people believe it and feel the same way. There's a sense of... solidarity, in some wierd way, y'know?

Doing what you love to do is so energising and life-giving. So what is that you love doing? And are you doing it? And if not, what is stopping you?

Here are a few of my personal loves:

1. Writing. In my head, things often don't make a lot of sense. It's just a labyrinth of tangled thoughts that confuse me more than anything. But when I write, life makes a lot more sense. Anger turns into forgiveness. Sadness turns into understanding. Happiness turns into joy. Dreams turn into hope. Writing is for myself. For my sanity. If I go too long without it, there will be visible signs of Tina-falling-apart.


2. Photography. Sometimes I feel like I'm floating a few inches above the ground when I'm photographing. And I'm not talking about those times when I squeeze in a shot here and there on the way to work. It's those times when I am wandering around aimlessly capturing life as it happens all around me. It's those fleeting moments at shoots and weddings when your subjects forget all about the camera and are just themselves, in that moment. I live for those moments. They make me happy. Oh-so happy.


3. Design. I'm no expert and I wish I was more creative than I am but there are times it comes together. A blank page turns into a brochure, or a report or a poster or a banner or magazine spread. And I am excited about all the little discoveries I've made about the process of Design along the way and I want to know more.

4. Travel. I learned sometime in the summer of 2010 that I should never say 'no' to travelling. I almost backed out of a trip with my friends from college because I was homesick and I all I wanted to do was be done with college and exams and be home. Thankfully, my friends successfully talked me out of that option and I went and oh, what a glorious time we had! When I am sad, I sometimes think back to those few days of travel in Lucknow and Mussoorie and remember that I have been blessed beyond what I deserve.


That's all for now!

Toodles.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that this is one of the most refreshing pieces of writing I've read. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, a comment!